The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 15

Liam and I were watching TV the next day when there was a knock at the door.
"Get it?" Liam whined, pouting lightly
I groaned, and stood up. "You're a horrible body guard." I muttered as I put on my bimbo expression.

Looking through the peephole, I was slightly confused to see a tall dark haired girl, wearing an anxious expression. Her T-shirt showed off her arms, so she couldn't be working for the Carlingtons. Not that they let women in anyway.

I pulled open the door and stared at her blankly. "Hi?"
"Uh, hi? I'm looking for Liam, my name's Lexi..." She trailed off slightly, her dark eyes flickering behind me and back to my face. I fought the urge to smile at the fact that she believed my disguise. It was also kind of sad, because I would have gotten along well with this girl.
"Like, I don't know any Liam?" I said, in a high-pitched voice.
"Well, that's good. I wouldn't want to find out my brother was screwing some bimbo anyway." She growled, turning in a swish of her dark hair.
Wait, brother?!

I quickly stepped forward and caught her arm in a death grip. "Wait, I do know Liam, I'm not sure if it's the right one, because he never said he had a sister, but come in." Lexi looked completely surprised at my change of attitude, but stepped inside the large apartment.
"LIAM!" I yelled, and led the girl into the living room.
"Lexi!?" Liam yelled, and jumped up. His eyes were slightly misty, which totally ruined the whole act he was supposed to have on.
She smiled at him slightly, looking disappointed. "Do I know you?"
Liam looked completely taken back, before he looked down at himself and realized she wouldn't recognize him after the makeover.

"It's me Liam, you're bro!" He pleaded.
She walked up to him, and took in his whole outfit.
"You look nothing like Liam. Plus, Liam would never screw some bimbo like her. She's faker than the barbie's we used to bit the heads off of." Lexi concluded, taking a step back and crossing her arms over her Metallica T-shirt.
"It's really me Lex. Remember that time in eight grade when Joey Corwitz smacked your ass in the cafeteria? You poured apple juice all down the front of his pants when no one was looking." He chuckled.

"Liam." Lexi's voice was small, and her eyes wide.
She lunged at him, tackling him to the ground and began yelling. "I hate you! How could you leave without telling me? For her?! I came home from school that day and you were gone. Do you know how hard it was to find you! You disabled all of the trackers I had on you!"
"Excuse me." I growled, stepping forward. "I am not just some slut, I didn't have sex with your precious brother so calm down. Geesh. He's my bodyguard." I crossed my arms.

Lexi stared at me openly, her disbelief showing very clearly. She turned back to Liam, who'd just barely managed to sit up.
"I had to leave Lex." He hugged her, and looked over her shoulder at me, pleading with his eyes.
"Tell her everything." I sighed, and left the room to lock the door and change into my normal clothes.

I really hoped Lexi would understand, she seemed like she would fit in well with us. And I didn't miss the gun she had hidden in her boot.