The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 17

"So, what exactly is the point of this?" Lexi whispered as we crept along side of the abandoned warehouse.
"I heard there might be activity. And you know lately I've had daddy's boys all over the world." I whispered back. She knew of course all about the Carlingtons, and who Tony and Andrew were. Since I'd moved to Italy the month before, Carlington's men were spread across the world.

Since Lexi had joined us, Liam liked to stay home to guard our city, while her and I flew off the different places to pick them off and figure out where Andrew was stationed.

"He'd better be here." Lexi grumbled, pulling her gun out of the waist-band of her jeans.
"Well..." I trailed off as I got a look inside the warehouse. Andrew was hunched over a map, seemingly placing pins in places where I most certainly wasn't.

"Lexi." I hissed, and she crept back over to the window I was peering into. Once she recognized him, a slow grin came over her features. Both Liam and Lexi knew how much killing Andrew and Tony meant to me.
I looked beside me to find Lexi gone again, probably to take out the guards, and check if the coast was clear.
A moment later I caught the familiar blinking of her orange pocket-light, a safety signal.

Ducking under the windows, I snuck through the shadows until I came up beside a smiling Lexi, and two dead guards at her feet. I knew how much taking out the bad guys meant to her, so I'd assigned her the guards. She didn't even have to use the gun most of the times, since she had a black belt, but she kept it on her just in case.

I raised my eyebrows, and she flashed me a thumbs up, nodding toward the door. I nodded back, and crept forward until my hand came in contact with the heavy metal door. It was slightly ajar, and I stopped. Something about that situation was way too easy, why would he leave the door open, and Lexi for sure would have closed it again if that's how it was.

I quickly backed away from the door, motioning for Lexi to follow me into the trees.
"What?" She hissed, "we had him!"
I rolled my eyes. She could be naive sometimes. "It was a trap. That would have been way too easy."
Lexi snorted, something she did often. "So what. They're all easy."
"Those were amateur goonies Lex. Do you really think Andrew would be that unprotected. He was hoping we'd show up. Fake signal." I reasoned, keeping my gun drawn as I scanned the surrounding area.
She hesitated, before nodding. "You're right. Let's get out of here."
We took turns keeping watch on the way back to the jeep. Just in case.

"Liam!" Lexi and I yelled in unison, when we found him in the living room.
"My ladies." He chuckled, crushing us both into a hug.
I'd really missed his familiar scent, and having him with me. Sure I'd been on a lot of trips with Lexi, but it wasn't the same as the weeks I spent with Liam.

"We almost got Andrew." Lexi groaned, flopping onto the couch in Liam's recently vacated spot.
"Almost?" Liam questioned, one eyebrow raised.
"Yes, almost." I snapped. "He gave us a fake signal to set a trap. We left before it got messy."
We'd get him eventually, he would pay for killing my father. I'd kept my men away from him, just to be on the safe side. I couldn't have them dropping like flies, not that Carlington's men were all that hard to kill anyway.

"Well, there's been no activity. As usual." Liam scowled, as I took out my contacts. He didn't like me doing it in the daytime, but I hated them.
I rolled my eyes, pulling my hair out of its elastic. His scowl matched his new outfit more than his sunny side.
Shoving my gun into the cabinet above the television, I turned back to Liam. He was smiling again, no surprise there.
"Well, I need a shower." Lexi announced, leaving the room.

Liam immediately pulled me into a hug, and settled us on the couch.
"I missed you." He breathed into my hair.
"I missed you too, BFF." I chuckled.
"You know that's not what I mean."
I nodded, of course. Liam and I had kissed a few times since Lexi had joined us. But I didn't think anything of it. I was the only female around, that he wasn't related to.
Besides, nothing could happen between us, he was an employee, my father wouldn't like that. This is a dangerous business, people died.