The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 12

Once we finally got to Italy, Liam decided we would have to stay in the airport hotel until he could find us a place to live.
Since I had no clothes, I decided to go to the clothing store in the lobby while Liam was looking at our possible homes.

I was just heading up to the cash register, when a familiar face near the entrance caught my eye. I nearly dropped everything I was holding in shock.
"Kyle?!" I gasped, and he turned to look at me surprise crossing his features. I continued on to the register, and put everything on the counter.
"Hey Belle, doing a little shopping?" He smiled awkwardly.
I groaned inwardly at the situation, that was the thing with ex-boyfriends. Everything after the break-up would be awkward beyond belief.
"Yep," I nodded.
A few seconds of silence ticked by while I paid the clerk, and took my bags.
"Hey, let me help you with those." Kyle offered, blowing is shaggy brown hair out of his eyes. I wordlessly handed over half my bags, and walked off to the elevator.

I stopped Kyle outside the elevator, and sat down on a nearby bench. I needed to sort some things out.
"So, why are you here? Any why are you even talking to me? We broke up two years ago." I stood, glaring down at him in suspicion.
"Calm down, I came to see you. I missed you." He smiled sheepishly.
My suspicions rose. "Let me see your right arm."
He gave me a confused look, but held it out wordlessly.
I nodded to myself, no scar. "You're good. Now, how did you know I was here?"
"I saw you in the airport having your tantrum about your missed flight. By the way, Nasty hangover. Partying?"
I smiled, and sat back down, relaxing. "Clubbing."
"Oh, hey. You wanna come up to my room, we can catch up?" His face was so hard to refuse, and I could already feel myself crumbling. I stared into his huge brown eyes, and felt myself nodding.
"Okay." It's not like I would look the same after tonight anyway. Once Liam got back, we were going to the salon.
"Great, let's go. I'm in the Penthouse." He grinned.
Obviously, what did Kyle ever do besides flaunt his money all around the world.
"I gotta go up to my room first, I'll meet you up there?"
"Oh course, hurry." He flashed his trademark smile, and got into one of the two elevators.

I pushed the button for my own, and tried to remember why we'd broken up in the first place. I quickly stepped into the waiting elevator, and impatiently jabbed the button to my floor. Getting off the elevator, I looked down the huge hallway and sighed, trudging toward my room.

Once I finally got to my room, I wrote Liam a note.
' I'll be in the Penthouse, visiting a friend. - B '
I wasn't supposed to go places without Liam, but what would one night hurt?
I shoved the bags for my new look in the closet, and jammed my key card into my back pocket. I skipped out of the room, toward the elevator with a smile making it's way onto my face.