The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 7

I waited for him to tell me he didn't really work for my father. No doubt then he would torture me to death, or even worse. Take me back to Andrew.
But he just chuckled, ruffling my hair.
"Well if I had one, you would have noticed, and it would have been obvious." I smiled awkwardly, feeling pitifully incompetent.
"Alright, hotel. Where are we anyway?" I asked, settling into the passenger seat.
"We just passed the border while you were out," he said flippantly. I let out an excited squeal, and Liam looked at me like I was crazy.
"I can't wait to see my hometown," I sat back in my seat pouting.
"We'll be there soon enough. I know a really cool night club around here. Any chance you have an outfit, and an ID allowing you to be drinking age?"
I grinned, "of course. We'll check into the hotel, and get some sleep. Then tonight we'll go out clubbing!" I clapped my hands together eagerly.
"Sweet. But remember, after that we have to get on the road again, find the next airport." I rolled my eyes. Liam would be acting like a child one minute, then an old person the next.

I leaned over into the back seat, and pulled my duffel back onto my lap. Unzipping it, I dug around for the short black dress that hugged all my curves. Pulling it out, I held it up for Liam's inspection.
"Perfect." He smiled, turning back to the road.
I dug through until I found my bundle of fake ID's. I flipped through them, immediately dismissing the two saying I was under 21.
"Alright, what about this one?" I held up one naming me Larissa Williams.
"Great. Now, am I checking into the hotel, or are you?" Liam asked as he parked in front of a small brick hotel.
"You are, it's less conspicuous." I stepped out of the car, slipping on my sunglasses as I took in the crisp sunny morning.
"I've never been to Canada before this trip, but my mom grew up in Eagle Creek," I told Liam while he got his bag from the car.
"But you've been other places right?"
I scoffed, "of course. My daddy had to travel a lot." Yes, I was a major daddy's girl.
"You must miss him," Liam said quietly. I nodded, frowning.
"I know how it feels," he gathered me up in his arms, and I wrapped my around his waist. I probably should have pulled away. But the close proximity made me feel a lot better than I had in awhile.

Finally I pulled away, smiling slightly. "Thanks."
"Anytime Belle. I mean it." His face was completely serious.
"You know, for someone who was hired to be around me, you're nicer than most of my old friends."
"Well, you're easy to be around. Not petty and bitchy like most girls." I had to smile at that.
"Well, thanks. I did pretty much grow up around men." I rolled my eyes, grinning.
Liam laughed softly, "we should get going."

I sat on a wooden bench near the entrance while Liam got a room. The hotel wasn't all that fancy, definitely not 5-star. As I looked around the small lobby, I noticed the red and gold color scheme. The walls were red, the tile floor was light gold, and the bench I was sitting on was painted a bright cheery red.
Just when I was about to people watch the very few people actually the lobby, Liam popped up startling me half to death.
"Don't do that!" I put a hand to my heart, as if it would slow the rapid beating.
"Sorry," he chuckled, "but I've got some bad news. The hotel only had one free room."
I rose an eyebrow, not understanding, "so?"
"So, the room only has one bed. But it's king size." He rubbed his neck nervously, like I was going to make him sleep in his car or something.
I yawned, "fine, but try anything and-" he cut me off.
"Yes, I know. You'll beat me to a pulp, and/or kill me."
"Good boy." I cooed, patting the top of his head, "come on."