The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 14

Bolting down the hallway, I arrived in front of the elevator breathing heavily. I jabbed the button over and over, all the while looking over my shoulder to see if Liam had come out of Kyle's room.
I let the waves of guilt and shame wash over me as I passed through the sliding doors into the empty elevator, and pressed the button to my floor. Just before the doors slid closed, Liam emerged from the suite, his face expressionless.

As soon as I had fumbled my way into the room Liam and I shared, I pulled the suitcase I had just bought out from under the bed and began shoving all of my new clothes into it, throwing the plastic bags on the  floor. Kyle would probably try to charge Liam with assault, so there was no way we could stay in the hotel.

"Belle." Liam's even tone cut through my thoughts as I zipped up the suitcase, and I tried not to cringe.
"Yes?" I turned to face him, surprised that he'd gone back to his normal ways, instead of the animalistic ones I'd recently witnessed.
"You should have waited until I got back."
I nodded, "I know, I just got caught up in having a piece of my old life back that I didn't really stop to think about how it could affect what we've been trying to do."
"Well! We're both starting completely new lives, as of today. I found us a really nice, fully furnished apartment."
"Thank god," I mumbled, then said louder, "Let's go drop our stuff off, then we'll go to the salon, and get new ID's." I tacked on a 'kay at the end, it didn't feel right ordering Liam around.

"We look hot!" I squealed, as Liam and I stood in front of the huge mirror in the living room surveying our new looks.
"We always looked hot." Liam scoffed.

My black curls had been straightened and cut into layers. It now hung around my shoulders in a golden blonde curtain. I'd also gotten a fake tan to help me blend in, Liam of course already had a tan. My blue eyes were replaced by moss green contacts, and my dark clothing was swapped with bright, airy summer clothing.
In other words, I looked nothing like me.

Liam on the other hand, looked dark and mysterious. Perfect for Italy.
His shaggy hair was cut short, and dyed a dark black. He'd gelled it into a general mess, which still came out looking neat. He'd gotten contacts so dark that his eyes looked black. His clothes were all black.
It also looked like we'd completely swapped personalities.

I turned away from the mirror to study the blank white living room. It had the basic furnishings of course: a white sectional, large tv, and coffee table. But everything was white.
The rest of the rooms had the same white basic furnishings. Luckily, I'd talked Liam into buying paints for our rooms. Mine would be a bright red, and his a dark blue.
My new official name would be Blaise Thorn. And yes, it sounded slightly dark, but that's who I always was, and I was completely sick of having a princess name.
Liam would be known as Andy Rivers, and to any newcomers, we would have been best friends since birth.

I glanced up at Liam as I flopped down onto the couch. "This is our new life. So, I'm gonna have to find you a job, since I have enough money to live the rest of my life. PLUS, I'm gonna start calling you Andy." I used my new bubblehead voice.
"Fine, and your Blaise now." He used his new dark voice.
We looked like a completely odd pair, but in most ways we were.