30

"We're leaving for Manila tommorow."

We are in the library and he's reading something on his laptop. Naka-upo lang ako at walang ginagawa. I'm not really bored here. Minsan ay nagbabasa ako ng libro kapag walang ginagawa. Books that are related to my course.

Dapat ay may mas marami akong kaalaman na related sa course ko. I need to use my free time here, studying more and prepare for the job I want to take in. Maybe I'll just help Dad in our business rather than working in other companies, I guess.

"Huh? Bakit naman?"

"The company needs my presence as a CEO. I will be busy this week and I have many meetings to attend."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ayaw ko sa Manila. I usually prepared a city life than an island life. I'm a city girl. But my inner self started to love this place and wanted to stay here.

"I can't leave you here since I can't go back immediately..." para bang mas in-explain niya ng maigi sa akin.

I look at him in the eyes. He looks like a Daddy explaining to a baby. My naughty thought made me smile evilly inside.

"Okay. I'm coming with you."

Besides, I think it will be a big help for dad. Maybe I'll will work in our small business. Hindi naman sobrang laki. My dad only have few employees working with him. In business, it's not because you wanted to be on top, you will be on top. Hindi lang ikaw ang gustong umaangat.

Every business man wants to make their company bigger and wider. Everyone has tactics to make it happen. And besides, our small business is doing fine naman. Enough to pay our bills, the people working for us, and buy the things we want.

While Raven's family's business was already known way back. They just make it bigger and bigger. And now that Raven is now the CEO, it became more bigger and expanded to different part of Philippines and some other neighbourhood countries.

Kahapon palang kami nagkausap at ngayon ay nasa private airplane na kami.

Nakahawak sa beywang ko si Raven habang may kausap siya sa cellphone. I didn't bother to listen what they're talking. Nakahilig lang ako sa bintana ng eroplano.

"Take care of our things," Raven said coldly to a uniform guy na lumapit sa akin pagdating sa airport. May dalawa pa itong kasama. They use a different car.

Binigay naman ng valet ang susi kay Raven. Raven open the door of his extravagant car. Pumasok ako.

"We'll be living in my penthouse. Are you fine with that?" he glance at me.

Inayos ko ang seatbelt at tumingin sa kaniya. "I'm fine with that."

Tumitig siya sa akin bago simulan ang pag-andar ng kaniyang sasakyan.

His penthouse is located in BGC. How many millions did he spend for his penthouse? Kung bibili man ako ng penthouse siguro ay sa Mandaluyong nalang. Usually kasi, condo units in Makati and BGC are way expensives. Unlike in Mandulyong, condo units are way cheaper.

I didn't notice how long the drive was. Naka idlip kasi ako at saktong paggising ay nasa parking lot na kami.

"When did you buy this?" I ask when we enter his penthouse. It's on the topmost part of a seventy storey building. On the outside it says, Semerad Residence. The elevator and the floor also have an SR logo.

"When I became the CEO of our company."

"Hmmm..." I watch the whole place. Namamangha.

It's spacious, which is I expected. It's a two story penthouse with aesthetic gold linings on the ceiling. There's a large live wallpaper on the wall, behind the staircase. The walls are painted with soft gray and cream colors. The long curtains are also color gray. The floor are shining like an expensive stone.