chapter 12: watch out

• ☼ • ☾ • ✰ •

"Well that's it for organizing everything." Yuuji wiped his brow. "Now we just need to sweep the floor and then we're done."

They went to the broom closet and opened it. Then they took out two brooms and a dustpan and started sweeping around the classroom. 

As he was sweeping, Yuuji remembered the conversation he had with Sukuna back at home. Sukuna told him that he went on a date with Megumi and that they'd go on another one again later.

'So, are you dating now?' he asked Sukuna. 'Is it official?'

'Obviously. People who go on dates are dating. Don't you know that?' Sukuna said.

Yuuji couldn't help but feel jealous. He thought that there was a spark that happened between him and Megumi when they were dancing, but now he didn't even know how to talk to Megumi now that he was dating Sukuna. Wait, are they really dating? Or is Sukuna just making stuff up.

"So how was your date with Sukuna?" Yuuji asked out loud.

Megumi stopped sweeping for a moment. "It was actually more fun than I thought. He won a bunch of prizes and gave them to me. He even gave me a Winnie the Pooh bear, but he ended up vandalizing it."

"Oh. That's good. Yeah Sukuna wins a lot of stuff, even at arcades he always wins. He's annoying like that." Yuuji said.

Then Megumi smiled. "He actually wasn't that annoying that day. Granted he's always obnoxious, but he was surprisingly, uh, what's the word?" Then Megumi remembered his ice cream joke. "He was surprisingly sweet."

"I'm glad you had a good time then." Yuuji said, with some forced happiness in his voice. "Are you dating now?" He asked.

Megumi thought about it. "Well, I guess so, since we're going on dates now. It doesn't really feel like it though, but maybe that's because I've never dated anyone. He's technically my first boyfriend."

He's my first boyfriend. Those words stung Yuuji a bit. He's first in everything, and now he's Megumi's first boyfriend. 

Then he looked at Megumi. "Make sure you're careful though, now that you're dating Sukuna. He's known to play around with people, and he's a notorious heart breaker." Yuuji warned. "I don't want you to get heart broken."

"That's sweet of you," Megumi appreciated his warning. Even though the one I really want to be with is you, since you have someone else you like already, I'll settle for him. At least he looks like you, Megumi thought.

"I'll be careful." Megumi assured. Then he continued sweeping.

If I can't have Yuuji...

Then I'll be with Sukuna.