chapter 13: phone number

• ☼ • ☾ • ✰ •

Yuuji was walking to the kitchen to get a snack, when he saw that Sukuna was already sitting at the kitchen table, talking to someone.

"Then if you're not busy tomorrow I'll take you out." Sukuna talked into his phone. "It'll be a surprise. Come on Megumi, I know you want to," he insisted.

Yuuji opened the fridge door. Oh, Sukuna was talking to Megumi on the phone. 

"I'll call you later, sweet dreams babe." He hung up the phone. 

Yuuji got some milk from the fridge and was about to head upstairs, when Sukuna stopped him. "Jealous that I have Megumi's number and you don't?" He bragged.

Yuuji glared at him. "No way, why would I be jealous?" Though he said that, he was truthfully envious.

Sukuna smirked. "Me and Megumi are dating, so it's only natural that we have each other's phone numbers. I'm one lucky guy. I can hear his voice whenever I want to."

Yuuji sneered. "Megumi's too good for you. What does he even see in you anyways?" He wondered.

"You're just bitter because you have no chance," Sukuna said without even looking at him and continuing to stare down at his phone. 

Yuuji kept walking upstairs. "I know that I have no chance," Yuuji mumbled. "But if Megumi had to date someone, out of all people, why did it have to be you?"

• ☼ • ☾ • ✰ •

Megumi and Yuuji had just finished cleaning duty. But before Yuuji walked out the door, Megumi spoke up.

"Hey can you do me a favor?" Megumi asked, while he was texting. Then he looked up. "Can you tell Sukuna to stop calling me in the middle of the night? It's annoying. He keeps calling around midnight to 3:00 am in the morning and it's messing up my sleep."

"Sorry that you have to deal with him Megumi," Yuuji apologized for his twin. "I'll say something, but he doesn't really listen to me. You should just block his number so he can't call you."

Megumi agreed. "You know what, I should! Good idea Yuuji."

Yuuji smiled. "No problem." 

Megumi picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder. "You know, come to think of it you don't have my number do you?" He asked. Then he wrote it down on a slip of paper and gave it to Yuuji. "If you want, call me."

Yuuji took the paper and smiled. "Sure, I'd love to! Since we're friends."

"Yeah, just friends." Megumi smiled but there was slight disappointment in his voice. 

If only we were more than that, Megumi thought.