chapter 17: birthday party

• ☼ • ☾ • ✰ •

Sukuna was walking around the venue, observing everyone and taking in the festive atmosphere. Megumi was by his side, clinging to his arm like a side piece.

They had rented a humongous place for his birthday, and it seemed like the whole town was there and more, along with people from out of town and other schools. Megumi knew Sukuna was popular, but he didn't think Sukuna was that popular.

Sukuna turned his head towards Megumi "Are you enjoying the party?" He asked.

"It's alright," Megumi replied. Megumi was actually rather bored, since he didn't really know anyone here aside from Sukuna, and he's had to stay by his side the whole time. "Can I let go of your arm?" 

But Sukuna just squeezed Megumi's hand tighter. "No. You have to stay with me, just like this." He refused. "Come on, it's my birthday! At least honor my requests for today," he insisted.

Megumi sighed. "Fine, I guess." He gave in. Even though he grew to be a bit fond of Sukuna, it was still hard to date him.

And then Sukuna temporarily let go of Megumi's arm so he could stand on the nearest table. "Attention everyone!" He addressed the room. All eyes were on him. "Now it's the part that we've all been waiting for. I'm going to open your gifts. And I'm going to rate them from 1 to 10. If you get lower than a 7, stand in the left corner of the room. And make a line."

Everyone murmured and shifted nervously. Of course they had all brought gifts, considering that it was required to enter, but it looked like nobody felt confident enough to have their gifts judged. 

"Well what are you all waiting for? Start lining up!" He demanded. Everyone scrambled to get their gifts and line up in front of Sukuna, who was now sitting in a throne like chair at the center of the room, Megumi to his side. Sukuna pretty much got the king treatment everyday of his life, but he got it extra special today.

Hiro, who Megumi recognized as one of Sukuna's lackey's, was up first. He stepped forward nervously and set down a box wrapped in green paper at Sukuna's foot. "This is for you, I hope you like it," he gulped.

Sukuna clicked his tongue. "Why would you put it down at my foot? Now I have to reach down and get it, fucking idiot. Just hand it to me!" He barked.

Hiro flinched. "Y-yes," he stuttered, picking up the gift and handing it over. Sukuna grabbed it away forcefully and tore through the packaging. It revealed to be a knitted sweater.

Sukuna took it out of the box and looked at it in disgust. "What the hell is this?"

"It's a homemade present, Sukuna-san! I didn't have enough money to get you anything expensive so I knitted a sweater for you. It symbolizes my respect for you," he explained. "It's the best thing I've ever made. I even had to undo some of my own knitted clothing so I could get the yarn to make your gift. I hope you like it."

But Sukuna just threw it in his face. "It's garbage," he spat. "Go to the corner." He ordered. Hiro walked to the corner with his head held down.

Then Sukuna addressed the line of people again. "If any of you have any homemade gifts that's not made out of 24k gold or some expensive shit, then just go straight to the corner."

About  1/4 of the line started walking to the corner, joining Hiro. Sukuna looked at them in disdain. "What a fucking disgrace." He said. "Anyways, next!"

A blonde boy with grey eyes walked up to Sukuna, smug and confident. He was holding a gold statue, modelled to look like Sukuna's face. "I hope you it," he smirked.

Sukuna got up from his seat, seemingly to observe it, but then he kicked it to the ground with a roundhouse kick, and then he punched the blonde guy in the stomach. "How the fuck does this look like me? You really think you can get away with giving me this garbage? Go to the corner." He ordered. The blonde guy joined the others in the corner, while Sukuna sat back down.

"Aren't you being too hard on them? I mean they did get you gifts," Megumi said.

Sukuna just looked at Megumi. "Yeah but they have to be good gifts. I didn't invite these people just for them to get my some shitty homemade items." He rolled his eyes.

I guess that's where we're different, Megumi thought. Since homemade things are my favorite kind of gifts.

The gift giving went on for some time, with Sukuna sending more than half of people to the corner and the rest being only a little above satisfactory. Once Sukuna got tired of opening his gifts, he got up from his chair. 

Then he smirked. "Well now here's what I've really been waiting for. The main event." He turned to a group of boys to the side and said, "Beat up everyone in the corner, to the point where they can't move anymore. It'll be their punishment."

The boys ran to the corner and started punching and kicking the shit out of the majority of Sukuna's party guests. Sukuna just sat back in his chair and leaned back, enjoying the blood bath that was unfolding in front of him. 

Megumi got angry. "What the hell? You can't just beat up people for giving you gifts you don't like! You're so ungrateful and disgusting and-"

But Sukuna just laughed. "You're cute when you're angry." He complimented. "Now where's your gift for me, Megumi?" He asked.

Megumi was stunned. He was annoyed that Sukuna wouldn't listen to anything he said, and he also didn't want to give Sukuna a gift. "I don't have one," Megumi denied.

"Hmmm," Sukuna said. Megumi was slightly afraid that Sukuna would send Megumi to the corner too. But Sukuna just brushed it off. "You'll just have to give it to me later. So instead I'll give something to you."

Megumi looked at him curiously. A gift for me?

Sukuna reached to the side of him and took out a small gift bag. Then he handed it to Megumi. "Aren't I a great boyfriend? Even though it's my birthday I'm the one giving you a gift. Don't say wasn't good to you!"

Megumi took it reluctantly and eyed it. "What is it?" He asked.

"Well, open it and find out," Sukuna encouraged him.  

Megumi opened the bag and reached down. It seemed to be some sort of cloth. He took it out of the bag, and held it towards the light so he could see it properly.

It was black laced panties. 

"Wha-what the fuck!? Why would you give me this?" Megumi asked. He turned as red as a tomato from embarrassment. Some of Sukuna's friends started whistling and howling.

Sukuna leaned in close towards Megumi's ear. "If my gift to you are these panties, then you're gift to me will be...your virginity."

Megumi backed away abruptly in shock. He didn't even like Sukuna like that, but now he's expecting Megumi to sleep with him as a birthday gift? 

Sukuna's friends continued whistling and cheering Sukuna on, like a bunch of dogs. Megumi grew more and more ashamed. He had never felt more humiliated, knowing that people were already expecting them to be sleeping together.

In that moment, Megumi didn't even feel like a person. He just felt like a piece of ass. Something for Sukuna to conquest. And that was clearly how Sukuna and his friends viewed him too, quite possibly the whole school.

"You're the worst!" Megumi threw the panties in Sukuna's face. Sukuna just laughed again. And then Megumi stomped away, out the door.

Sukuna looked at his friends and smiled. "He'll come around. Megumi's just the bratty type." His friends continued laughing.

Megumi was outside the venue again, sitting on the steps to the left of the building. Of course this had to happen again, he thought. I'm so stupid for not learning my lesson the first time.

And then he saw a pair of shoes in front of him. Megumi looked up.

And there he was, once again.

Yuuji was standing right in front of him.