Chapter 17

I hated today.

The entire school day was nothing but anxiety mixed with school work. I can't stop thinking about the idea of being caught. Not only that, but the risk Melody is taking for me. Sometimes I don't understand why.

On top of that, I noticed the people watching. Men dressed in suits at the end of every hallway my classes have been in. They weren't there before. They stand and watch, nothing more. I question what they can do, if they are reading my mind or not. They're everywhere I am and I can only think that Chancellor Niam or that woman (that is possibly the major) sent them to keep an eye on me. Because of this, I keep my necklace tucked in my shirt from now on. The last thing I want is to be questioned why I wear the same necklace every day.

"Hey..." Brandon's voice snaps me back to reality. His hand rubs up my thigh. "You're getting in your head again."

A pathetic laugh leaves my throat. Brandon knows that I had talked to Chancellor Niam. I told him it was because he was concerned about the recent drama. I didn't go into depth and he didn't push me. He also knows about the men watching, he's seen them too.

It's all I can think about only because I don't know what will happen if they get a genuine lead. What could happen to me or Melody... I keep debating on the fact if I should just go back. It'd be the safer option, wouldn't it? Then I think of all the amazing things I'd be leaving behind here.

"I know... I'm sorry." I say to him for probably the fifth time today.

We're in his locker room, waiting for his match to come up. I haven't wanted to be out in the crowd just yet. Too many eyes. Axel's match is just before Brandon's, so when he gets his "be ready" warning, I'll head out there. I'll probably catch the end of Axel's match and hopefully see him win.

"I won't let anything happen to you." Brandon states, and kisses my hair. I've been sitting on the sink for the past half hour. It's probably the first spot I have been able to sit still in. Earlier I was pacing back and forth or only sitting in one spot for a couple of minutes.

Just as Brandon places his lips to mine, someone knocks on the door, "Your match may be up soon!" A crew member yells and then I hear their footsteps walk away.

I look at the door slightly confused and Brandon notices, "They can never be too sure when a match is over." He explains for me. It doesn't seem to faze him much because he just grabs my face and kisses me again. I want this, I do, but my mind is too fuzzy and I probably need to get out there. I promised Melody I would at least try to catch the end of Axel's match.

I push him back and jump down, "I gotta go, okay?" I turn and don't even realize how I sound.

Brandon quickly grabs my jaw and forcefully turns me to face him again. "What? No good luck?" His tone and movements give me butterflies.

I roll my eyes at him, "You don't need luck." I know him too well, he'll ask for it but give a snarky remark back.

"Damn right I don't." He growls dominantly and squeezes my face slightly harder. My face flushes because of the feelings he causes when he acts like this. "I'll see you out there." He kisses me one last time and actually lets me walk out this time.

Just as I make it to the door, "I better hear you screaming baby girl." I don't have to look at him to know he is smirking. I leave the room, trying not to smile because of that.

When I make it out to the "arena" area, the crowd is cheering so loud it pierces my ears. I slowly make my way past the filled bleachers. I duck down to avoid blocking someone's view.

I'm almost to Melody when I hear the sound of powerful wind. It causes me to turn and look at the match. Axel is in the air spinning, the person he is up against is on the ground with their hands up. I remember Melody mentioned he was going up against Wrecker tonight. Someone who has the ability to form different kinds of storms.