Chapter 21

The following morning feels like chaos. Mrs. Terrion wants everyone ready for the festival as soon as possible. It's an all-day event, and she does not want to be late.

So while Harmony takes up the bathroom all morning to do her hair, makeup and who knows what else, I stick to the bedroom. We haven't had breakfast or anything of that matter, so I haven't seen Brandon all morning. I'm not sure what is happening to us right now, but we have to speak to each other, eventually.

Besides that, I recently found out that this festival is held at Willow's Forest town center. Everyone dresses up in formal outfits. They eat, dance and play games. Halloween means a lot more to them than it does in my world and I understand why. After all, this is a place filled with monsters and mythical hybrid creatures.

I've already done my makeup. I am not talented when it comes to makeup, so it's nothing fancy. With that being said, I didn't do eyeshadow but I at least added eyeliner and a small wing. That was a struggle, I will admit. I don't normally do eyeliner wings, but I decided I would today.

I choose to curl my hair as well, since my hair tends to hold curls well. Only problem is that it takes awhile due to the amount of hair I actually have. As I curl my hair, I try not to think about what I am going to wear. I have searched my bag and I do not think Brandon packed anything formal, not even a skirt.

A few knocks come from the open bedroom door. I turn my head, expecting to see either Harmony or Brandon, but it is neither of them. To my surprise, it's Mrs. Terrion. "Are you almost ready?" Her voice is soft and lovely.

She looks like a goddess in the doorway. Mrs. Terrion is in a tight black dress that is short in the front and long in the back. Her short hair is straightened with a small curve at the ends. She looks amazing for her age.

"I believe so." I reply, checking the small stand mirror on the dresser that I have been using. I have two or three more strands to curl.

"Do you have something to wear?" She asks, looking me up and down. I don't have to reply. She already knows the answer is no. I look away, slightly disappointed even though it is out of my control that Brandon didn't pack anything nice for me to wear. "I have something that may fit you well." She swings her arm from behind her back, forward.

She holds a black and white, simple but very elegant dress. The top of the dress is black until reaching the waistline. Past the waistline, the skirt of the dress is all white, but the bottom is lined in black lace. It is also long sleeved and off the shoulder, adding to the elegant touch.

I am sucked into its beauty until my finger starts to burn. I flinch and quickly pull my curling iron away from my hair. A long, bouncy curl falls down once I release it. I couldn't help but stare at the dress in front of me. I forgot I was even curling my hair. "It's beautiful Mrs. Terrion. Are you sure I can wear it?" I finish curling the last piece, then run my fingers through the curls and also fluffing my hair out. With some hairspray, I should be done.

"We have no time to waste, just put it on. Brandon, Harmony and my husband have already left." She states, setting the dress next to me.

Of course, Brandon and Harmony already left. It's not even noon yet, and that's when Mrs. Terrion wanted everyone ready. They probably left so early, so we didn't all show up together. I hope Mrs. Terrion isn't upset that I made her wait.

With that being said, I take no time getting the dress on. I do not want to waste any more of Mrs. Terrion's precious time.

The dress is a bit snug on the chest, but it still fits. I fluff my hair out some more and let it fall over my shoulders. With a few sprays of perfume, I am officially ready.