Chapter 1 - A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

*This is my first fanfic, so don't have high expectations*

"This is so sugary, how do you and Wrecker manage to eat so much of this stuff?" Hunter complained as he swallowed a piece of Mantell Mix. Omega had practically dragged him to the vendor to try the food she and Wrecker had both become addicted to.

"Uncle Tech did say kids have a taste for sweet food." Omega giggled, clutching a carton of the treats in one hand, and holding Hunter's fingers in the other. 

"So, your Uncle Wrecker is officially a kid then?" Hunter surmised as they ambled back to Cid's.

Omega laughed. "I guess so."

Both of them chuckled, enjoying the peace and each other's company. Crosshair and his team had stepped up their efforts to eliminate the Bad Batch, so happy moments like this were scarce.

"Dad, what were you like as a cadet?" Omega asked. It had only been a few days since the pair had admitted how much they cared for one another, and yet calling Hunter 'dad' felt familiar and comfortable to Omega, as if she'd always referred to him as her father.

"You really want to know?" Hunter replied, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Uncle Tech said that you were- "

A blaster shot hit the carton of Mantell Mix, interrupting Omega, and knocking the box out of her grasp. Multiple bounty hunters emerged from the gloom and began firing at the pair. Instinctively, Hunter pushed his daughter behind him, drew his blaster and shot back. Omega's hands reached for her bow, until she remembered that in her haste to introduce Hunter to her favourite sweets she'd left it at Cid's parlour. She was defenceless.

"Omega, run!" Hunter yelled, shooting at the advancing bounty hunters.

"I'm not leaving you!" she argued stubbornly.

"That's an order! Run!" Hunter demanded.

Fear of being captured and returned to Kamino overwhelmed her desperation to stay and fight with her father. Obeying Hunter, Omega turned and dashed along the streets of Ord Mantell, terror pulsing through her. 

'How did they find us here?' Omega thought as she weaved past citizens and dodged moving speeders. 'Did they track us? Perhaps Cid informed them of our location in exchange for a cut of the bounty on me.'

Questions and theories bounced around in her head as she stumbled through the dimly-lit city. Being alone and on the run reminded her too much of her experience on Pantora, except this time, there were more than one bounty hunter determined to catch her. Blaster shots grew louder, each one a reminder that she wasn't safe and was alone. Scared of being hit by a stray shot, Omega ducked into an alleyway. Breathing shakily, she retreated to the far end and hid behind a pair of bins.

"It's okay, Dad will come for you. He'll be alright; the others would've heard the fight and gone to help him," Omega whispered, attempting to make the guilt sitting in her stomach fade away. She wished she still had her comm device, but Cad Bane had destroyed it and Uncle Tech hadn't finished making her a new one. How could she have been so stupid, leaving her weapon behind like that? She should've known better. Dad was constantly telling her to always have her bow on her, just in case an attack like this occurred.

The rhythmic stomping of approaching footsteps put the young girl on edge. It wasn't a member of her family; they would've called out her name. Her pulse skyrocketed and her breaths came out in frantic gasps as they marched closer. Out of nowhere, the bins were swept aside, and Omega found herself staring at an armoured warrior. He wasn't much taller than her; however, that did little to undermine his intimidating look. His face was concealed by a helmet, his armour was bottle green and covered in countless dents and scratches. It was a Mandalorian. Omega remembered reading about them and their planet Mandalore. They were apparently incredible combatants, and one of them was aiming a blaster at her head. He was one of the bounty hunters. Petrified, Omega tried to dart around him and make a run for it, but she wasn't quick enough. The Mandalorian grabbed her arm with an iron grip. She kicked his leg and struggled to free herself, but her efforts were meaningless.

Suddenly, the Mandalorian spoke in a shocked tone. "Meg?"

Stunned, Omega stopped fighting. Meg? No-one called her that. No-one except for...

"Bo?"

The Mandalorian released her and removed his battered helmet. He was a young clone, not much older than herself. Smiling, Omega looked into the familiar brown eyes that she saw in her father and her uncles. Eyes that she'd seen thousands of times. The particular set she gazed into now belonged to her long-lost brother, Boba Fett. 

*Author Note*

Hello my fellow Star Wars fans! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my fanfic. Feel free to let me know what you thought of it in the comments. Fingers crossed that Boba and Omega meet in the Bad Batch! May the Force be with you!