Chapter 4

"This is my favourite part of the ship. Uncle Wrecker made it for me whilst Dad and I tracked down an Ordo Moon Dragon." Omega announced as she drew the curtain back, revealing a small, cosy-looking room. Lights strung around the ceiling gave off a warm glow. A red and black tooka doll and a trooper figurine - painted black to resemble the Bad Batch - were propped against a wall. Two mats rolled into cylinders sat beside the chair, waiting to be unfurled.

"So, he made you a nice room in the gunners mount? Must be hard to sleep in." Boba raised an eyebrow, a teasing expression on his face.

"There wasn't anywhere else, and I really like it." Omega crossed her arms and grinned. "Besides, I don't sleep in it when we're being chased or shot at. Do you have a room in your ship?"

"Just a bunk." Boba answered. As it turned out, his ship was missing from the landing bay (he assumed Bossk stole it), so he'd been forced to join the Batch in their ship, the Havoc Marauder. Omega had insisted on giving him the full tour, which meant showing him every miniature aspect of the vessel.

The blue streaks of hyperspace vanished from the viewpoint in Omega's room, showing the black backdrop and stars he'd grown used to.

"We're approaching Kaller," Tech called from the cockpit.

Grinning broadly, Omega dashed into the front of the ship, Boba racing after her. Tech and Echo were piloting the Marauder whilst Wrecker used their GNK droid (who Omega had dubbed 'Gonky') as a weightlift. Hunter was standing behind Echo's seat; he glanced at Omega and Boba as they joined the group at the front.

"According to Cid's contacts, former Jedi Padawan Caleb Dume was recently seen inside Plateau City, Kaller's primary spaceport," Tech explained. "The planet is currently under Imperial occupation, similar to Raxus and Ryloth. We'll land in one of Plateau City's landing bays."

The Marauder flew through the clouds obscuring Kaller; when they dropped below the cover, a wintery landscape greeted them from the windows. Pine trees stretched towards the sky, their branches weighed down with powdery snow.

Omega's face lit up in awe at the scenery. "It's beautiful."

At her words, Boba noticed Hunter smile warmly. He clearly cared a lot for his surrogate daughter.

Wrecker handed Boba a hologram of a young boy, whom he assumed was Caleb. He wore a chestnut-brown robe that was traditional for Jedi. A long braid was woven into his brown hair and was tucked behind his shoulder. His face, however, was twisted in an expression of anger and his blue eyes held a spark of hatred.

"How do you know Caleb?" Boba asked.

"We were sent to reinforce him and his master, General Depa Billaba. When Order 66 occurred, and the regs killed the General, we tried to help the kid, but he no longer trusted us. He ran away before we could help him." Hunter explained, his voice heavy with regret.

Omega hugged him reassuringly, clearly knowing how painful the memory was.

Hunter's face softened; he leaned down and gently kissed the top of her head.

"Thanks kid."

"I'm starting the landing cycle." Tech announced.

~

The Marauder docked in one of the landing bays. Feeling cautious, Boba exited the ship first. The Bad Batch followed him outside; Omega wearing a sky-blue winter coat, the sleeves lined with fake fur. Her bow, which she'd acquired from Zygerrian slavers, was slung on her back.

"So, do you have a plan to find Caleb?" Boba asked.

"We'll split up in pairs to cover more ground." Hunter answered. "Wrecker and Tech, Echo and Omega, Boba, you're with me."