Chapter 15

"From what Cid's sources told us, the Empire has stationed troops here, but it's not a proper planetary occupation. We should be able to sneak past their scanners and find the Jedi cave." Tech summarised.

The Batch and Ahsoka were crammed into the cockpit of the Marauder, staring at the icy planet of Ilum. Their ship was attached to the underbelly of a larger Imperial cruiser, a trick that made Ahsoka chuckle. After much debate and reassurances from Ahsoka and Cid's people, they had unanimously agreed to let Omega undertake the trial, although Hunter was still worried.

"So, what do I have to do exactly?" Omega asked.

"Once inside, you'll find the kyber crystal that matches your Force signature," Ahsoka explained.

"What if I can't complete the trial?" Omega whispered.

Ahsoka knelt down and met her eyes. "It's natural to be nervous. I remember when I underwent the trial and after the initial excitement, I was scared of failing too. But I trusted in myself and the Force, and I succeeded. You have nothing to be afraid of."

Omega gave her a brave smile and a small nod. Satisfied, Ahsoka rose back up and the young clone scampered back to the two former Padawans. Seeing the three of them together after Order 66 made Ahsoka's heart burst with happiness. Kanan and Cal surviving the massacre was a joyous sight and watching them embrace clones, even though it was their brothers who'd killed their masters and turned their lives upside down, was heart-warming and reminded her of all the times she'd spent with clones, whether they were fighting together on the front lines or playing pranks in the rare spare time they were granted.

Her train of thoughts was brought to a sudden halt when Hunter pulled her aside. Rex had prewarned her that the Batch were very protective of Omega, but Hunter saw her as his daughter and therefore was the least likely to put her in any dangerous scenarios.

"I want you to promise me that she won't get hurt doing your Jedi trial," Hunter threatened.

"I swear, she won't be." Ahsoka promised. "Thousands of Jedi younglings have gone through the trial at her age and survived unscathed. Omega will be okay."

Hunters' worried parent expression softened to a relieved parent face. "Thank you."

"Your welcome," Ahsoka smiled. "Can I ask you something about Omega?"

"Go ahead."

"How is she Force sensitive? I've met scores of clones, and none of them have had her abilities."

Hunter's relieved face shifted into an emotion Ahsoka couldn't quite identify. "We don't know. None of us have asked Omega about it because she hates talking about her childhood on Kamino. Echo mentioned a while back that she spoke about being hooked up to the Kaminoans' machines. Tech's had multiple theories and his best bet is that the Force sensitivity is the result of their experiments. It's possible that she was intended to be the template for the next generation of clones, Force-sensitive ones."

Stunned, Ahsoka discreetly glanced over her shoulder. Omega appeared excited and happy to have her abilities.

"Do you think she knows that she has her powers through experimentation?" Ahsoka murmured.

Hunter shrugged. "Can't say for sure. Either she doesn't and is happy to have them or she does and she's hiding it for some reason."

"If she knows, perhaps she's scared that the boys will think differently of her if she tells them."

"Maybe. Don't bring it up with her though. Omega will tell us when she's ready,"

"Of course."

The ship suddenly detached from the Imperial cruiser and descended through the blizzard that shrouded the planet's surface.