Chapter 5

Fear engulfed Omega, suffocating her like smoke. She knew what her brainwashed uncle was capable of under his chip's influence, and terrifying thoughts of the agony he could inflict on her burned bright in her mind. Trying to be brave, Omega inhaled slowly and released the breath in an attempt to calm her racing heart.

"Crosshair, let Omega go." Hunter snarled, his tone connoting to his brother that he wasn't asking.

"Drop your weapons and I'll consider negotiating." Crosshair demanded. When no-one obeyed him, he pressed the knife closer to Omega's throat, making her whimper in pain. Hunter, Echo and Boba immediately dropped their blasters and Caleb threw down his lightsaber and gun.

"There, that wasn't so difficult was it." Crosshair eased his grip on the knife.

"What do you want for Meg?" Boba asked.

"Who are you?" Crosshair queried.

"Your killer if you don't let my sister go."

Crosshair chuckled, amused. "I have an entire platoon of soldiers here and you think you'll be able to kill me?"

"I've faced worse."

"If you say so," Crosshair turned his attention to Hunter. "Let's make a trade shall we? Your little pet for the Padawan."

Conflict danced on Hunter's face, unsure whether to obey or ignore his brother's offer.

Caleb stepped forward. "I accept your deal. Let Omega go and I'll surrender peacefully."

"As predicted. The Jedi acts selflessly." In a single swift motion, Crosshair's iron grip on Omega melted away and she's shoved harshly towards her family.

"Thank you, but why? We barely know each other. They'll kill you." Omega.

Caleb catches her eye, and he grins sadly. "I'll be okay. Be with your family Omega."

Taking one last look at him, Omega reflected his smile and dashed into Hunter's arms. Her father pressed a kiss to her forehead and held her tightly, relieved she was unscathed.

"Caleb," Hunter called. "Thank you."

The Padawan glanced back at him and nodded. Crosshair and five other troopers aimed their blasters at Caleb.

"Time to finish what I started. Goodbye, Padawan Dume." Crosshair almost sounded happy.

"No!" Omega screamed, writhing in Hunter's grasp. "Crosshair, don't!"

Blaster fire from the rooftops startled the troopers, allowing Caleb to use the Force to retrieve his lightsaber. Roaring with laughter, Wrecker leaped down from the roof, stunning soldiers left and right. Tech was slightly more dignified by using a cable.

Noticing a window, Hunter released Omega, retrieved his blaster, and pushed the two children behind him.

"Take Caleb back to the ship. We'll meet you there!" Hunter commanded.

"I'm not leaving!" Omega protested.

"I'm not risking your safety. Get back to the ship, that's an order!" Hunter argued.

"Can't believe I'm saying this but listen to Hunter, Megs." Boba advised.

Omega huffed. "Alright Dad."

Disarming her bow, Omega grabbed Caleb's hand, and ran back through the streets.

"Did you just call Hunter 'dad'?"

"Yes."

"I didn't know clones had kids. Who's your mother?"

Caleb's question felt like a punch in the stomach, reminding Omega that she wasn't Hunter's daughter by blood.