Chapter 14

"This is where you've been hiding out?" Kanan grimaced as they trod through the dingy streets of Ord Mantell City. "It's disgusting."

"Which makes it the perfect place to hide from the Empire." Omega countered.

Kanan couldn't fathom how she could possibly enjoy living here, but she had a point. The Empire wouldn't suspect that deserters would be hiding on a criminal-infested planet. Sharing a glance with Cal, he followed Omega down a flight of stairs and into a club. Fluorescent lights barely lit up the relatively uninhabited room. Apart from an Ithorian, a Weequay and a cloaked figure sitting at the bar, there were no other sentients. Tables were dotted around the club and Kanan recognised a dejarik table in the centre.

The low humming overtook Kanan's senses, alerting him that there was a powerful Force-wielder in the pub. His eyes were drawn to the hooded figure sitting at the bar, a cup clutched in their hands. They instantly sat up straighter and twisted around in the seat, their intense and curious brown eyes catching Kanan's. A small smile widened across their face. The figure gracefully hopped off the bar stool and lowered their hood. Kanan recognised that they were a togruta from the white and blue lekku and distinctive facial markings.

Echo suddenly barged to the front of the group. "Commander Tano?"

The togruta frowned momentarily before disbelief overtook her expression. "Echo?"

The pale clone nodded, a warm smile on his face. With a small cry of joy, the togruta wrapped Echo in a tight hug.

"I'm glad you're alive Commander." Echo said.

Withdrawing from the embrace, she grinned. "The feeling is mutual. Rex told be about the mission to Skako Minor and rescuing you. He said you were with a different squad and told me where to find you. I had to see for myself if you were really alive. How did you survive?"

Echo's smile dimmed slightly. "Separatists kept me alive, hooked me up to machines. How did you survive Order 66?"

"Rex and I escaped off our ship after I removed his chip," she explained. "He also mentioned something about three Force-sensitive kids."

Feeling nervous, Kanan shuffled forwards, clutching Omega and Cal's hands.

The togruta approached them and knelt down so that she was eye-level with the trio.

"I'm Ahsoka. Who are you three?"

"Kanan."

"Cal."

"Omega."

"I'm glad not everyone was killed during Order 66." Ahsoka beamed.

Her gaze flickered over to Omega, who was staring at her with a childlike awe. Ahsoka was likely the first proper Jedi she'd ever seen.

"I take it you're the Force-sensitive clone."

Omega nodded shyly.

"I assume these two are teaching you about the Force."

"Yep. It's really fun! I wish I could have a lightsaber though."

Ahsoka considered her words. "Well, maybe you could."

Omega gasped in delight. "Really? How?"

"Jedi younglings would travel to a sacred planet, Ilum, to find their kyber crystals. If the Empire hasn't taken control of it, we should be able to go and get you one."

"Woah, woah, woah, hang on," Hunter cut in. "You want Megs to go to a possibly Empire-infested planet to get a lightsaber crystal? Is this trial dangerous?"

Ahsoka rose and shook her head. "I've gone through the trial myself. It's perfectly safe."

"Let us think about it first." Hunter decided.

"Of course." Ahsoka agreed.

"You were Master Skywalker's padawan weren't you?" Kanan asked.

"That's right."

"Do you have any stories from the war?" Omega enquired.

Chuckling, Ahsoka thought about her question. "Have any of you heard about the civil war on Mon Cala?"

"No!" the three of them chorused.

"Well, the Mon Calamari and the Quarren were at odds when their king was killed..."

*Author Note*

Hey guys. I know I haven't updated in a while; I've been occupied with exams recently. Also, who else is excited about The Bad Batch Season 2?! That trailer was fantastic, I can't wait! I'm also on Tumblr now so if you want to come and say hi or discuss theories then that's fine with me. May the Force be with you!