Chapter 13

"We're coming up on Lothal." Tech informed everyone.

Cal stood with Omega and Kanan (Caleb changed his name as Caleb Dume was too recognisable to Imperials), the former practically buzzing with energy, as she did whenever they visited a new planet. She'd told them about her confined life on Kamino, watching the world spin by without her. To Omega, getting to visit these unique worlds was a miracle in itself and her enthusiasm was wonderfully infectious.

This time however, they had an important objective: return Ezra to his parents. Oddly, the baby was squirming in Kanan's arms, which was strange as his presence normally calmed him. Perhaps he sensed that he was home and wanted his parents. Having a baby on the ship exposed how inexperienced the Bad Batch were with handling infants and watching them struggle with Ezra made Cal wonder how they managed to take care of Omega. Wrecker had been too loud and woken Ezra, condemning the group to high-pitched shrieks until Kanan and Omega finally lulled him back to sleep. It was also hilarious to observe, especially when Crosshair panicked when holding Ezra as he was scared of dropping him and he'd quickly handed the baby to Hunter, but not before Tech snapped a few pictures. Seeing the expression of pure fear on the usually cool sniper was priceless.

"You're sure you know where his parents are?" Hunter asked for the fifth time.

Kanan rolled his eyes. "For the last time, yes, I remember. We won't get lost."

The Marauder descended through the cloud coverage and a gorgeous landscape welcomed them. Grey mountains stretched towards the sky, encompassed by grass that swayed gently in the breeze.

"It's beautiful." Omega breathed.

Tech landed the ship with a slight jolt and Omega and Cal dashed for the exit, desperate to explore. Kanan trailed behind with Ezra. Omega opened the door and the two of them stared at the picturesque landscape. Cal was in awe at the planet covered in green grasslands. It was significantly more beautiful than Bracca, which was covered in relics and ghosts and death lingered in the air. Here, Cal could feel the song of the Force vibrating with energy and life.

"What's that?" Omega grabbed Cal's arm and pointed to the vegetation.

A pair of triangular white ears speckled with grey poked out between the strands of grass, followed by a round face and a couple of curious eyes.

"Uh, Tech was rambling about Lothal's wildlife earlier. I think it's a Loth-cat." Cal guessed.

"Are they dangerous?" Omega asked.

Before Cal could reply, the cat bounded up to them. It waltzed around their legs, purring loudly. Giggling, Omega knelt down and scratched the Loth-cat behind its ears, which the creature appreciated.

"Doesn't seem dangerous." Omega shrugged. The Loth-cat licked her hand and trotted back through the grass.

"What isn't dangerous?" Echo asked.

"The Loth-cat." Cal answered.

"Where is it?"

Confused, Cal looked back at the landscape, expecting to see the cat. It was gone.

"Must've run off." Omega frowned.

The rest of the Batch joined them outside, all of them grateful to be out of the ship. Due to the recent additions, their small craft felt more cramped than ever, but no-one was complaining. Yet. Because of the Empire's strong presence on Lothal, Hunter and the kids would take Ezra home (as all five of the Batch would be too recognisable) whilst the others stayed behind as backup.

"Ready?" Hunter grinned, shouldering his pack.

"Lothal's Capital should be half a mile west." Tech informed them.