Chapter 12

Her brothers, especially Echo, had reminded her that panicking in a fight wouldn't help her situation and was more likely to end in her losing. Despite that, Omega couldn't ignore that her heart was pounding so loudly she was certain Cal could hear it. She did a rapid mental count of the troopers.

Twenty five.

If the boys still had their lightsabers, then they possibly could've taken them and won. Irritatingly, Hunter had insisted that their weapons remain on the ship, in case they were captured and word got out that the Bad Batch were harbouring two Jedi Padawans, which would've painted an even bigger target on their backs. A cry from Ezra reminded her what was at stake. Inhaling a couple of deep breaths in an effort to calm her thundering heart, Omega's aim swung from one advancing enemy to the next, unsure which one to shoot first. Plus, there was the matter of Caleb, Cal and Ezra, all of whom were defenceless.

'Omega,' Cal's voice said in her head. 'On three, you take the troopers on the left, I'll take the ones on the right.'

'Are you insane? You'll be killed!'

'Remember when Hunter told us not to take our lightsabers?'

Groaning inwardly, Omega glared at Cal. "You didn't."

Grinning sheepishly, Cal whipped out his lightsaber and ignited the green blade. 'One.'

At the sight of the ancient weapon, the troopers were temporarily stunned.

"Aim for the Jedi!" the captain commanded. All blasters were instantly trained on Cal, giving Omega a slight advantage.

'Two.'

'Three!'

Yelling a battle cry, Omega unleashed a volley of arrows at the troopers, a single shot being enough to incapacitate them. The thrill of being in a battle excited her. She could feel the adrenaline rushing through her veins, exterminating her initial fear and replacing it with confidence as words from her family from her training sessions appeared in her head, advising her as she fought, dodged and shot.

Out of the corner of her eye, Omega spied Cal, his movements swift and precise. He wielded his lightsaber with expertise, slicing through the soldiers.

"Omega, help Caleb!" Cal yelled.

"On it!" Turning around, Omega dashed back towards the compound, but halted suddenly when she saw that Caleb was handling the troopers quite well on his own. Balancing Ezra on one arm, Caleb was using the other one to repel any soldier that came within a few feet of him with the Force. White blurs flew away from him in every direction. However, droplets of sweat gathered on his forehead as he suspended five troopers at once and his knees began to buckle.

Acting quickly, Omega aimed and shot the soldiers in the back. Relief flooded Caleb's face as he released them and dropped to his knees, still clutching Ezra.

Panting heavily, Cal walked over to them, exhausted but a bright smile lit up his face.

"Great shooting." Cal complemented her, deactivating his lightsaber and re-concealing it within his Jedi robes.

"Thanks." Omega grinned. She glanced around, making sure all threats were dealt with. Fortunately, the soldiers were either unconscious or killed.

"Kids!"

The trio all turned around to see the entirety of Clone Force 99 dashing towards them, blasters out and ready for battle. The five clones gradually slowed down upon seeing no adversaries.

Wrecker let out a deafening laugh and put his weapon away. "Looks like you handled them yourselves!"

Hunter reached them first and removed his helmet. "Good job, although I distinctively remember saying not to bring your lightsabers, Cal."