Chapter 11

It had been a confusing time for Ezra recently. One moment he was happy with his parents and the next he was snatched from them and taken far from his home to a room by people wearing white buckets on their heads. And then they just left him there! He'd screamed for his parents but they never arrived like they normally did when he cried. Instead, three short adults had appeared and now they were crawling in a dark tunnel. Ezra wasn't sure why they were in the tunnel. He was hungry and all of his wailing had made his throat sore. Where was his mother? He recalled the comforting, loving feeling his mother projected and not sensing her made him unhappy. His stomach growled noisily. Blond Girl was nice, she made him feel safe and Ezra liked her, but she hadn't fed him. Ginger Boy was calm, although he was a little fearful, and Ezra could tell he was very protective of the other two, which reassured him. However, he also hadn't thought about Ezra's appetite. Brown Boy was probably Ezra's favourite. He didn't know what it was about him, but he felt drawn to Brown Boy, like a magnet to metal. He also gave off a sense of security and peace. Maybe he would give him some food! Ezra scrambled out of Blond Girl's grasp and crawled over to Brown Boy.

"Ezra!" Brown Boy scowled and scooped him up in his arm.

Blond Girl giggled. "Looks like Caleb has a new friend!"

Caleb. Was that his name? Ezra decided he liked it.

Annoyance rolled off Caleb. "Very funny Omega. I thought you were supposed to be the baby expert anyway?"

So Blond Girl was called Omega? Ezra preferred his nickname.

"I've never dealt with a baby Jedi before," Omega admitted.

"Me either," Ginger Boy added.

"So, I'm stuck with him?" Caleb summed up.

"Yep!" Ginger Boy chuckled.

Caleb sighed. "Fine."

Omega halted suddenly, turned to face them and placed a finger over her lips. Ezra could vaguely hear muffled voices outside the metal tunnel. Maybe one of them was his mother! Eager to be back with her, and despite his sore throat, Ezra began to cry again, hoping his mother could hear him.

"No, Ezra, sshhh! Please be quiet!" Caleb hissed.

"Calm down! If you're panicky you'll make him scared," Ginger Boy whispered.

"How do you know it's me?"

"Because you're holding him!"

"Shut up! He's probably just hungry," Omega correctly concluded.

"What do we feed him?" Ginger Boy asked.

"Milk. I think we have some on the Marauder, so we'll deal with his appetite later. Until we're safe, try to keep him quiet." Omega instructed. Ezra could tell she liked being in charge and having authority.

Disappointingly, he couldn't hear his mother's voice or see her. Maybe she wasn't here after all.

"Ezra, please be quiet. You'll be back with your parents soon, but not if you keep crying," Caleb whispered to him as they crept along the tunnel. "We won't let the Empire take you again, I promise."

His reassuring words and the confidence with which he spoke convinced Ezra to be quieter. That, and the fact that his throat hurt every time he so much as whimpered due to a lack of hydration.

"We're almost out." Omega whispered, crawling around a corner in the tunnel. When Caleb followed her, bright sunlight flooded Ezra's eyes, temporarily blinding him. He could sense their anxiety and fears being replaced by relief. Omega shoved the grate blocking their escape onto the ground below. She disappeared out of the tunnel first, then Caleb, who held him tightly, jumped down after her and finally Cal. The grate then flew back up to its original position. The outside was colourful and they were surrounded by weird plants, which was a refreshing change to the bleak grey of his room and the tunnel.

"Well done guys!" Omega whooped.

"You should probably let your brothers know we're out and have Ezra," Caleb advised.

"Good idea," Omega pressed a button on her arm. "Dad, we have Ezra. Mission accomplished."

A male voice crackled over the comm. 'Well done kids! Are you all okay?'

"Yeah, no-one got hurt." Cal informed him.

'Glad to hear, considering what Tech told me about the alarms being triggered, not to mention the troopers being called back to the facility.'

"Oops." Cal mumbled.

"We were spotted in the vents, but we're alright Dad, I promise." Omega reassured him.

Omega's dad sighed. 'I'm just relieved you're all unharmed.'

'You should've seen the explosion, it was awesome!' A different voice laughed.

"We all heard it Wrecker. It sounded like a lot of fun!" Caleb chuckled, gently rocking Ezra in his arms.

'Oh, it was! It was also fun to fight with Crosshair again and not against him.'

'Nice to know you missed me Wrecker.' A chilly, yet teasing tone responded.

'Was it not obvious enough that I missed you?'

'Boys, you can debate that later,' the first voice commanded. 'Kids, get back to the Marauder quickly, okay?'

"We will."

"Freeze, don't move!"

Instantly, Omega drew a bow she kept on her back as dozens of bucket heads (or as Caleb called them 'troopers') rushed out from behind the plants and surrounded them, their weapons aimed for them.

"Dad, troopers have us surrounded!" Omega shouted into her comm.

'Hang on, we'll be there soon!'

Cal pushed Caleb and Ezra behind him and Omega and the troopers closed in around them.

*Author Note*

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. I had hoped for it to be out a bit sooner but Christmas distracted me and it kinda slipped my mind. I've been thinking about Omega obtaining a kyber crystal and I think I am going to have her do the gathering on Ilum (I assume that's how you spell that icy planet). @MandolorianJedi you're right that the Empire had the planet under their control, so I'm thinking maybe they'll do it whilst the Empire doesn't have too much influence there, thank you for making me aware of that as I had no idea! Side note: the Book of Boba Fett premieres tomorrow! :D Have a great day and May the Force be with you!