𝓓𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓻 𝓓𝓪𝓽𝓮

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting so long. Had a few things I needed to catch up on." Billie walked up to me, clearly frustrated at the fact that she was late.

I was only waiting for three minutes...

"Oh, no you're fine, it wasn't too long. Literally it felt like a second, honest to god." I laughed softly as I reassured her that there was no issue.

"You sure?"

"Positive." I smiled.

She hummed in response and unlocked her car door's.

I was about to open the passenger door when she quickly grabbed my wrist and stopped me from doing so.

"Fuck you think you're doing?"

Huh?

"I-I was just-"

"Don't ever, in your life, from here on out, think that you have to open any doors for yourself. That's my job when you're around me. Understood?"

"Uh- Yeah, understood." I nodded my head.

She chuckled at me as if this were something I should have known from the very beginning of my life.

"After you, angel." She held the door open for me.

I was trying so hard to keep myself from smiling.

It feels like almost everything in my life is just supposed to be handed to me on a silver platter from now on..

"Silver darling? Really? You think I'm that cheap?" She laughed at me.

WHY THE FUCK DO I KEEP THINKING OUT LOUD.

"I um.. I don't-"

"It's gold, now watch your head, precious." She spoke, grabbing a gentle hold of my hand as she helped me into her matte black dodge challenger.

She's such a gentleman.. or gentlewoman? Whatever, she treats me like fucking royalty.

I could definitely get used to this.

She closed the door for me as she made her way to the driver seat.

"Alright, any song suggestions?" She asked me while she started up her car.

She assumed her traditional position, sitting man spread with one hand on the wheel and the other on my thigh.

She backed the car out of the parking lot and began to drive.

"Um.. Video by India Arie I guess." I shrugged. 

She complied to my request and proceeded with keeping her eyes on the dark road in front of us.

I love this song so much.

It's just so fucking amazing.

Like honest to god, this song is my soul.

I couldn't help but sing along.

Even if I did sound terrible.

"No matter what I'm wearing I will always be India Arie.." I sang softly to myself while looking out the window and admiring the beauty of the LA night sky. "When I look in the mirror and the only one there is me.. Every freckle on my face is where it's supposed to beee.. And I know my creator didn't make no mistakes on me, mhmm," I added some of my own alternate melodies. "My feet, my thighs, my lips, my eyes, I'm lovin' what I see, yeahhh."

I noticed Billie's attention had continuously shifted from the road, to me, to the road, and then right back to me. Over and over again while I lowly sang along to the rest of the song.