𝓭𝓪𝓭𝓭𝔂, 𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓲?

Ariana's POV

"What's that look?" Jesse's raspy voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What look?" I questioned.

"That one. You look tired and confounded. So what's with the look?"

Confounded wasn't the right word to use in this case.

I was lost.

Tremendously confused.

"I don't mean to be a bitch, honest to god, money doesn't matter to me, but.. I expected your house to be.. Bigger?" I admitted as we stepped out of her car and walked up to her front door.

She had spent well over a million on me back at the bar. Naturally I expected her to own.. Well, a mansion.

Maybe Billie's spoiling is really getting to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

"Well when you surround yourself with as many rich, entitled pricks as I do on a daily basis, you're also blessed with the opportunity of watching them lose everything they have because they let money get to their heads.

I've learned to stay humble. Money is no object to me, of course. But it's no subject either. I need no more than what I'm provided. I'm breathing, I'm living, and I have a home. I don't need a billion dollar mansion to keep myself happy or sane.

You learn quick around these parts of LA that women, or people in general, don't wanna fuck with you if you don't look like you're stacked with cash. I keep my circle small, I keep myself safe. Real one's stick around, y'know?" She replied honestly while unlocking the door to her bungalow.

Billie could really learn a thing or two from this girl.

"You fuck in here?" I asked bluntly.

It was obvious I had trouble dealing with the task of controlling my words considering I was still a bit drunk.

"Chill," She chuckled softly. "Go grab yourself a glass of water from the kitchen, maybe something to eat, and sober yourself up. I'm gonna clean up a little, my guests should be here in a few minutes."

With her permission, I wandered through her house in search of a kitchen.

"No wine..." I groaned as I barged through her fridge full of healthy produce.

I searched through her cabinets for something to eat though I didn't have much of an appetite.

I honestly just wanted more wine.

Is getting drunk my way of processing things?

Why did I leave Billie's house again?

Damn..
Drank too much.

"When you get settled in, can you just go in my room and... Stay there maybe?" Jesse spoke from behind me.

I roamed through her cabinets looking for something to eat. "Uh huh." I mumbled.

"I'll check on you every now and then if that's okay. If you feel like you're gonna barf just let me know, okay?"

Grapes.

I could fuck up some grapes right now.

"You heard?" Jesse spoke once again.

"Do you have any grapes? Them little ones that taste like cotton candy?"