Mother-Daughter Day & A Talk with Sirius

Chapter 2: Mother-Daughter Day & A Talk with Sirius

Claire,

We miss you! The Burrow is so boring without you to talk to. How's everything going with your parents and uncle? Anything exciting happen?

Miss you,

Ginny

Dear Claire,

How has your summer been so far? I just finished a book a few days ago and I thought you'd like to read it. It's the biography of Kurt Cobain. Did you hear that he passed away last April? I can't believe he's dead! He was so talented.

I'm really excited to see you, Ron, and Harry for the Quidditch World Cup.

Your Best Friend,

Hermione

Hi, Claire-bear!

George and I sent you some products for the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Mum sort of found our papers on the business and some of the products and went mad saying we should've been focusing on our O.W.L.s rather than our pranks (Pfft, school is for nerds). We managed to save some of it and we decided to send it to you for safe keeping. We miss having our little prankster around to mess with Percy and Ron.

Your favorite red-headed twins,

Fred and George

Hello Claire,

I have good news! Dad's got the Quidditch World Cup tickets from work. He got a whole bunch so maybe your parents can come and your uncle. The Burrow's been quiet without you here.

Hope to see you soon,

Ron

Hey Claire,

I can't wait to see you, your parents, and Sirius next week. I can't believe it's has already been a month. The Dursleys haven't been as annoying lately. Remind me to thank your mom for talking to them. How are you doing?

See you soon,

Harry

"Oh, good. You're up," Carina walked into Claire's room.

Claire was currently replying to the letters she had received.

"Yea, I've been up for an hour. I'm replying to my letters," Claire said. "What do you need?"

"Well, I was thinking, if you wanted to, we could have a mother-daughter day," Carina said.

Claire looked up from the parchment raising her eyebrows at her mom. "Depends what we'll be doing. I hate to break it to you but I'm not into getting my nails done or my hair done or whatever girly things mothers and daughters do."

"Good. Because I'm not either." Carina said, with a relieved smile. "I guess you got that trait from me. It's nice to know you inherited something from me."

Claire finished up the letters and folding them into envelopes. "Do you have an owl I can use to send these?"

"No, but we can go to Diagon Alley and get one. We'll need it anyway." Carina said.

"Alright, can we go now?" Claire asked.

"Sure." Carina said. "How do you feel about apparition?"

"I guess that's better than floo powder." Claire said, remembering the mishap in second year when she and Harry used it.

Carina furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"