Surprises at the World Cup and the Burrow

Chapter 5: Surprises at the World Cup and the Burrow

Claire sighed as she walked back into Ginny's room dressed and ready for the Quidditch World Cup. Ginny and Hermione were awake now and were dressed to go as well. Claire looked out the window to see the sky was pitch black.

"What time is it?" Claire asked them.

"F-four in the m-morning," Ginny yawned. "Mum just came up a few minutes ago to get us up. She said we'd be leaving in an hour. By the way, I noticed you left the room. Is everything ok?"

Claire nodded. "Yea, just a bad dream. Nothing to worry about."

"Well, we'd better go wake up Ron and Harry," Hermione said.

"I'm going to head downstairs to see if I can help my mum with anything," Ginny said, leaving the room.

Claire and Hermione made their way to Ron's room.

"I'll wake up Ron and you wake up Harry," Hermione said as they reached the door to Ron's room.

Claire nodded and opened the door. Hermione flicked the light switch on. Claire immediately noticed that Harry seemed to be mumbling in his sleep and was twisting and turning as though he was having a bad dream. She sat on the edge of his bed and gently shook his shoulder.

"Harry. Harry. It's just a dream," Claire said trying to calm him down.

Harry awoke in a panic. He was breathing heavily and his vision was blurry. He could feel sweat dripping from his face as he tried to catch his breath.

"Here, Harry. These might be useful," Harry recognized the voice to be Claire's.

He could faintly make out her face. She was holding out what he guessed to be his glasses.

"Thanks," Harry muttered, taking his glasses from her and slipping them on.

Once his glasses were on, he was met with worried looks from Claire and Hermione.

"What are you two doing in here?" Harry asked.

"Mrs. Weasley just woke us up and we figured we'd wake you and Ron up. We're leaving in less than an hour." Hermione said.

Hermione went over to Ron's bed and began shaking his shoulder.

"Wake up. Wake up Ronald!" Hermione said.

Ron groaned and slowly opened his eyes. As he opened his eyes, he noticed Claire and Hermione in the room.

"Bloody hell." Ron said as he quickly pulled the covers up over his chest.

Claire rolled her eyes. "Honestly, it's not like you have anything to hide Ron. You're wearing a shirt for goodness sakes."

"You two should get dressed, and don't go back to sleep." Hermione said. "C'mon, Claire. We should go downstairs."

Ron and Harry watched as the girls left, shutting the door behind them. They reluctantly got out of bed and changed clothes. Harry seemed to be distracted as his mind kept drifting back to his dream. Could Pettigrew have gotten out of Azkaban? If so, who helped him? Was it Voldemort? And the man Pettigrew brought to Voldemort, he looked an awful lot like Claire's father. What did he have to do with this? Could what he had seen been real or was it all a dream?

Harry was interrupted from his thoughts as he noticed Ron was talking to him.

"You coming?" Ron asked.

"Where?" Harry questioned.

"To the kitchen for breakfast. Didn't you hear my mum yelling?" Ron said.