Sure Has Been Some Week, Hasn't it?

Chapter 14: Sure Has Been Some Week, Hasn't it?

Harry stirred in his sleep as he heard Hermione's voice.

"Shhh!" Hermione said. "You're going to wake them up!"

"They look so cute together!" Ginny gushed. "They're lucky no one's awake. Can you imagine if Ron and the twins saw them?"

Suddenly, Harry heard the click of a camera.

"Colin, you're going to wake them up!" Ginny said.

"What's going on?" Harry said groggily, opening his eyes to see Ginny and Hermione standing in front of him and Colin disappearing out of the common room portrait.

He tried to move when he felt something on his shoulder. Claire was asleep on his shoulder and his arm was wrapped around her waist. Harry blushed.

"So...had a good night, I assume?" Hermione said cheekily.

"It's not what it looks like, Hermione," Harry said. "Claire had a dream last night and came down here. We were just talking. We must've lost track of time and fallen asleep."

"I'm sure," Hermione said, though Harry could tell she didn't believe him (even though it was the truth).

Harry felt Claire move. Claire opened her eyes, yawned, and stretched. She then was aware of her surroundings. She was in the common room on the couch next to...Harry? Taking note of how close they were to one another and Harry's arm wrapped around her waist, her cheeks heated up.

"Um, Harry, why is your arm wrapped around me?" Claire questioned.

Harry removed his arm, blushing again and muttering, "Sorry."

Claire saw the smug looks on Hermione and Ginny's faces. She could only imagine the stories running through their heads at the sight of her and Harry together on the couch. Claire knew she was going to be interrogated about this later. Before either Ginny or Hermione could say anything else, Claire stood up from the couch.

"Good morning! I'm starving. Aren't you all? Great. I'm going to get changed." Claire ran upstairs to the girls' dormitory.

Hermione and Ginny followed her up to the dorms. Claire had just put on a red long-sleeve v-neck as the two girls walked in with the same smug looks. Claire was used to Hermione giving her these looks, but now Ginny was starting to do it too. What was going on with them?

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Claire said in annoyance.

"Claire isn't it obvious?" Ginny questioned.

"You like Harry." Hermione said simply.

Claire was flabbergasted. She scoffed. "You're mental the both of you. I do not like Harry."

"Really?" Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Then why were you blushing when Ginny and I caught the two of you all cozy on the couch?"

"I was blushing because of what you two were implying." Claire argued, though for some reason she didn't truly believe the words that came out of her mouth.

"Well, it's obvious he likes you," Ginny replied.

"There's no way he likes me." Claire said in disbelief.

"Then why did he blush?" Ginny said.

"He was probably embarrassed too!" Claire replied.

"What about last year when you and Jason were together?" Hermione added. "Didn't you notice Harry's odd behavior whenever he saw you together or when you talked about Jason?"