Dreams History Barbies and Bodybuilders

Chapter 11: Dreams, History, Barbies, and Bodybuilders

Claire was in a noiseless, dimly lit room. The only light source came from a fireplace on the other side of the room; a tattered cloth chair situated in front of it. Claire had a strange feeling she'd been here before. She walked towards the chair sensing someone was seated in it. The moment she reached the chair she wished she'd of never gone near it. It looked like a very ugly baby wrapped up in black cloth. It's skin was a sickly gray color and its red eyes stared into the flames of the fire. It didn't seem to take notice of Claire's appearance. Claire knew exactly who this was.

Voldemort. Claire thought to herself.

Bum-Bump-Bum-Bump!

The once silent room was filled with a rhythmic drumming pattern. Claire could feel her heart pounding in her chest as four figures in cloaks appeared out of the fireplace.

"It was a success!" One of the strangers said to whoever was seated in the chair. "We made quite a scene at the World Cup."

World Cup? Claire thought to herself. These must be some of the Deatheaters that took part in that fiasco.

"Excellent. Did you also bring the boy?" Voldemort questioned.

The boy? Claire thought to herself. I thought Harry was the boy Voldemort was after.

"Yes, my lord," One of the figures stepped forward. "We have brought him." The figure motioned to one of the other cloaked figures to remove his hood and step forward. The other figure did just that. Claire could only see a blurred outline of his face.

The boy bowed. "My lord."

Claire watched as the ugly baby's lips curled into a frightening smile. "You are aware of the event happening at Hogwarts, aren't you?"

The boy nodded. "Yes, my lord."

"Good." Voldemort said. "Then I assume my Deatheaters have told you your duty?"

"Yes, my lord." The boy nodded. "I will be staying at Hogwarts for the Tournament."

Voldemort nodded. "Excellent. You will also be there for one other reason."

"And what is that my lord?" The boy asked.

"To find the girl and bring her to me."

Claire woke up to Hermione shaking her awake.

"Why are you waking me up, Hermione?" Claire asked groggily.

"Why? There's school today!" Hermione said.

Claire groaned. "Fine. I'll meet you and the boys at breakfast."

"Alright, we'll save you a seat." Hermione then left.

Claire changed into her uniform and grabbed her bag. Her thoughts kept going back to the dream she had. Voldemort's hired some guy to seek out the girl he needs for whatever reason and the girl goes here. This is just great. What am I going to do? Should I tell someone? Maybe I should write Mom and Sirius. Claire thought to herself.

She pulled out a piece of parchment, her quill, and ink and began writing a letter to them.

Dear Mum and Uncle Sirius,

How are you two doing? By the way, thanks for telling me about Dad getting a job here. School's been fine so far. Had to handle a Snargaluff the other day. Let me just say that Herbology will be an interesting class. Did you hear about the tournament? It's bloody insane! Who would want to risk their life for a thousand galleons? Ron and the twins seemed pretty set on entering that is until Dumbledore said you had to be seventeen to enter. I'm glad though. I would never say this out loud to them, but I care about them a lot. They're like my brothers and I would hate if one of them got hurt.