Please Tell Me You Didn't Say Dragons

*Warning this chapter contains profanity and sexual remarks.

Chapter 15: Please Tell Me You Didn't Say Dragons

The next morning Claire walked into the Great Hall by herself; Harry said he'd meet up with her later. As she sat down at the Gryffindor table, she glanced at the other end of the table to see Ron talking to Dean and Seamus. She was still mad at him, but she was beginning to miss him. Sure he was annoying at times, but still he was the brother she never had. However, she knew that the both of them were too stubborn to say sorry; and she still held some anger towards him. Claire couldn't imagine how Harry felt considering the two of them were as close as she and Hermione were. Speaking of Hermione, she walked into the Great Hall at that very moment with her teeth back to normal; though her front teeth weren't as large as before. Claire asked Hermione about this as she sat next to her. Hermione told her she let Madam Pomfrey shrink them smaller.

"My parents were going to get me braces, but when this incident happened I sort of took advantage of it," Hermione explained.

"Very Slytherin of you, Hermione," Claire teased.

Hermione rolled her eyes and said, "Where's Harry?"

Just then, Harry came into the Great Hall. He spotted them and sat in front of them.

"Hey, Claire. Hey Hermione, your teeth are back to normal." Harry said.

"Yes, I know. So, did I miss anything at dinner last night?" Hermione asked.

Claire and Harry exchanged looks.

"Well..." Harry explained how he was taken out of Potions for an interview with Rita Skeeter and how he discovered Jason Saxton was the son of Rita Skeeter. When he was finished Hermione dropped her jaw in shock.

"Jason Saxton is Rita Skeeter's son?" Hermione said. "But they have different last names. Was he adopted?"

Claire nodded. "Yeah."

"He never told you who his mother was?" Hermione asked.

"No. When we dated he was very vague about his personal life. All he ever told me was that he was adopted, he lived with his adoptive parents in London, his real parents were dead, and his favorite type of music." Claire said.

"You mean you dated for at least five months and that's all you know about him?" Hermione said in disbelief.

"Yep," Claire replied. "Like I said he didn't talk much about his personal life. He usually asked about my life, but I didn't tell him all that much except about growing up with the Weasleys and what type of music I listened to."

"That's kind of suspicious that he didn't say anything about his life, don't you think?" Harry asked.

"Some people just don't like to talk about their personal lives." Claire said.

"Have you talked to Saxton about this? You know, finding out about his mother?" Hermione asked.

Claire shook her head. "I haven't had time since I now have two weeks of detention with Snape."

"What?" Hermione said. "Why?"

"I was trying to go to the hospital wing to see if you were ok and he said if I left I would be joining Harry and Ron in detention. I left and also I said something about his nose being huge and he gave me two weeks of detention." Claire explained.

Hermione sighed. "Really, Claire?"

"What? It's the truth!" Claire said defensively.

"Have either of you talked to Ron about Saxton?" Hermione asked.