Lesson

( This morning (midnight) I was listening to this song, and to be honest, I cried when Eunbi went one octave higher. I cried silent tears of course, and this is a K-Pop AU. And I had to gender-bend some of them, and please don't steal the group name or their fandom name. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy reading! P.S, this is a thrid-person Mini POV. P.P.S, they are not demigods, and this is a pandemic AU. So, basically a K-Pop Pandemic AU.)

~~~~~~~~~

When she closes her eyes, it's like she's back to the day before. Everything from that day, she remembers vividly. The day where she became a member of Prophecy of Immortality. She remembers how happy she was, that she could finally become an idol. Tears were flooding her eyes as she was risen on the podium, her friends and other members there with her. She remembered how after that, her parents called her and cried over the phone, congratulating her on becoming an idol. All those memories from that day flooded her mind as she sang, trying not to cry. And until she reached her limit, she would always sing and dance on the stage.

"Lesson," Anna sang, her fingers trembling.

Today was their disbandment day. They'd been a group for almost six years, creating lore, learning dances, singing, doing vlogs, and more. Those five and a half years had been the best ones of her life. She remembered how hard she and her group members had to work, but it all was worth it in the end, their fandom-Gold Oracles- had loved their performances, and she couldn't even imagine how crestfallen they must've felt when they announced their displacement. But, she always told them to, 'spread these invisible wings, so that you can fly to the sky of dreams one day.'

"Even when tears are running down, I won't erase it," Mini sang, wiping her eyes with a tissue.

"And I'll keep," Airy sang.

"Moving forward with a beautiful pose," Ruby sang.

Mini couldn't believe there were moments where she saw herself under the spotlight, filled with pressure. But her group members were there for me all the way, especially their leader, Perci. Even though there were painful days, she always told them not to give up, and would flash them a goofy smile. Her smile always got them chuckling. And she was glad that she didn't give up. And today was probably the last day she ever saw that smile. Today was probably the last day she ever saw any of their fans. But, they couldn't see any of their fans in person, due to the pandemic, so they had a virtual concert.

"A dream might seem so far away, but it's something within our reach," Perci sang as she put a stand of hair behind her ear.

"Lesson," Frankie sang.

As they continued to sing, Mini thought if she would be able to fly away with the way she's practiced in the mirror multiple times? And when she was about to give up that's when her friends encouraged her, and she heard the clap and cheers of the crowd, and she knew where to look. She remembered learning all those dance moves, and seeing how the Gold Oracles dance to their songs, and create fan-made songs for their B-sides always made her smile. And how at their fan-signings, someone even gave Mini a book about germs, and someone even gave Aru a stack of movies. Her face lit up Mini's day. And she remembered how Perci and Anna would always be around each other, it was one of the cutest things ever.

And slowly, like scattering flowers, Mini learned how to flap her wings, she could now reach her friends, the way that she did it. And it felt like the stage that she performed on that heartbreaking day was a performance she saw somewhere else. And now, she could spread those invisible wings, and ascend to the sky of dreams, even if tears are rolling down her cheeks, she'll keep-

"Moving forward with a beautiful pose." Aru sang, wiping her eyes.

Mini sighed as her group members and her got up, and faced the screen. Then she started to break down into tears. She then felt someone pull her into a hug as she cried, sniffles being heard in the distance.

"It's okay, Mini. Just walk along the parallel lines-" Frankie started before also breaking down into tears.

"And I'll find you?" Mini managed to ask, sniffling.

"Y-yeah,"

Mini and Frankie pulled away from the embrace and went to the other members, wrapping them in a group hug. When they pulled away from the hug, they all nodded, and did their very first ending pose for their virtual fans, waving to them as they had to sign off. When everyone had left, they all did one last group hug before leaving the stage.

~Present Day~

"So that's the story?"

"Yep."

"I don't wanna be an idol anymore."

"Well, Ruby and I were, and you can too, if you want to."

"No thanks. Disbanding sounds so sad!"

"I know, it was heartbreaking. But I've heard from a few of the members."

"Really? How are they?"

"They're doing great. Some went solo, focused on their own careers, etcetera."

"Can we go see them?"

"Maybe when this pandemic slowly comes to an end."

"Please?"

"Maybe."

Maybe.

Moving forward with a beautiful pose (ポーズでずっと前を向こう) 

~EL FIN~

---------------

First Japanese song! And first IZ*ONE song! I wish they were still a group :(. But, all things must come to an end, right? Well, I hope you enjoyed this one-shot! (Word count: 947)