Lovesick (Mini Series Part 1)

I've been reading too many Webtoons, so think of this as a Webtoon comic, but without the pictures. Also, 25 followers?! Good Lord thank y'all so much! Well, I hope you enjoy part one of the mini series! Also, this is the Lilac AU. 

~~

My life was pretty lonely and boring, before all those events happened. I was used to being lonely. I was used to having no friends, but that all changed when he came into my life...

Lovesick

Four Years ago...

Cherry Blossom trees are in full bloom. I smile as a blossom whirls past me, a long few others. Spring is the best time of the year, well, to me. The scenery and the weather are the main points to me. My brown hair gets lifted up a smidge because of the wind, and I sigh as I put in my earbuds. My family lives on the opposite side of town. Despite living by the wealthy, we're not rich. We're just sort of in the middle. My Dad sacrificed a lot for me to attend this school, and he works overtime a lot, so my brother and I hardly see him. As I continue to walk, I look in front of me to see a group of kids, which I recognize immediately as Aru, Aiden, Brynne, and Kara. 

They were the big four of the school. It's always been those four. I went to school with them ever since fifth grade. They never acknowledged my existence, and I'm happy about that. I pull out my phone and scroll through my spring playlist. I click on Rocket Punches' 'Lilac' and put my phone in my jacket pocket. I take a deep breath as I cross the railroad tracks, looking both ways and making sure a train didn't come. 

I continue to walk behind the quartet, singing softly to the music in my ears. I catch up to them, and now I'm directly behind the quartet. I stand on my tippy toes and look around looking for an opening, but I don't see one. (I'm 5'5, but the others are taller than me by a few inches, Brynne being the tallest at 5'9 or 5'10 pretty sure.) I sigh as I roll my eyes, the quartet talking and giggling with each other, talking about their winter break. (School ends in the winter, and starts in spring.)

"During my break, I visited France!" Kara braggs.

"No way! I also went to Europe! My mom got major funds for the museum, and we're going to build another one close to the school!" Aru announces.

"Wow! Congrats, Shah." Aiden comments.

"Congratulations." Brynne says.

"And I'm going to live there, because my parents divorced," Aru mumbles.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Kara says.

"We're really sorry." Aiden says for both him and Brynne.

"So is this our..."

 I drown out the quartet by putting the volume up on my phone. The song that's playing now is Gugudans' 'Lovesick'. One of my favorite ballads by them, besides 'Maybe Tomorrow.' Now they're walking slower. Great. I roll my eyes as I go onto the road and go in front of them. They are slow walkers. And they don't acknowledge my existence. Yay! I continue to walk gleefully as more Cherry Blossoms spiral onto the ground. I grin and walk faster, almost reaching the place where I cross the street. 

When I make it here, I look both ways before crossing safely onto the sidewalk. I straighten my uniform as I reach the high school I go to, Alstroemerias High. Which is a type of flower that symbolizes friendship, wealth, and devotion. What? I like learning the meanings of flowers. And plants too. As I look in front of me, I see students entering the school with Cherry Blossoms continuing to fall. I take a deep breath and go up the steps, only for me to fall flat on my face.

-------------

HA! Cliffhangerrrrr! So, what'd y'all think of part one? I already have part two, but I'm not gonna post it yet >:)  Well, hope y'all have a good rest of your day, afternoon, or night! (Word count: 694)