Proposal

*3 Months Later*
It's been 3 months that the family have stayed in the kingdom. And yet no talk about marriage since the first dinner and royal banquet. Princess Hana really wants to be married to Yoongi. But Yoongi wants to marry Princess Areum. Who is oblivious to all of this. Until now.

Everyone has gathered into the meeting room where Namjoon and Yoongi were waiting. "Thank you all for coming. Today we are here to talk about a marriage that Imperial Emperor Min has proposed. He is willing to marry a princess. And the princess is Princess-" Before Namjoon can finish he was interrupted.

"Yes! Yes! Yes of course I'll marry you Yoongi!" Princess Hana screamed running towards Yoongi and kissing his cheek. Everyone was shocked but Emperor and Empress Song, who are happy to seemingly think Yoongi was thinking about marrying Princess Hana.

But all of that changed when Yoongi forcefully pushed Princess Hana to the ground and pulling out his sword pointing it to the princess. "You imbecile! I have had enough of you! First you disrespect me every time you come near me, then you disrespect your sisters along with your mother, and you even have the audacity to kiss me on the cheek! You care about no one but yourself! I don't want to marry you. I want to marry Princess Areum!" As soon as he said that he looked to Princess Areum who looked shocked.

Yoongi wanted to marry Princess Areum not only because he fell in love with her, but also because she had the qualities of an empress. She was kind to the towns people. Greeting them with kindness and grace. While here she taught the soldiers new battling tactics. While here she helped with things around the kingdom, like giving suggestions and having Kyungmi stroll around and help keep watch. She had everything an empress should have. Areum doesn't.

Everyone looked towards the second princess. Hana and Empress Yumi glaring at her. Emperor Haneul shocked when he heard what Yoongi said about his eldest daughter and wife doing to his other two. Yoongi turned back to the eldest princess. "I want this imbecile out of my sight until the wedding! General Kim!" Yoongi called out. Taehyung came in bowing. "Take her to the cold palace!" "Yes Emperor Min." Taehyung came and grabbed the princess dragging her out.

"Wait? Where are you taking me?! Get your hands off me! Do you know who I am?! Yoongi! Yoongi love! Please help me! Tell him to get off of me! Please!" Hana struggled to get out of Taehyung's grip but couldn't. While dragging her to the cold palace Emperor and Empress Song followed and demanded to see where they're taking her. "The king doesn't even have the audacity to stay and talk about the marriage when he's the one who asked for his daughter to marry his majesty." Eun-Ji muttered.

She looked back at the shocked and scared princess who was to scared to comprehend what was going on. "Your majesty, why don't we pick up on this matter tomorrow. It seems there was too much going on for the young princess to comprehend. Let's have her rest on it." Yoongi looked back at the princess and softened up seeing her scared face. "Alright then we shall pick up on this tomorrow. Dismissed." Everyone got up and bowed. Princess Areum and Nari being the first to leave.

"Son, are you sure you want to marry?" Yoongi nodded. "The kingdom needs an empress and an heir. I need an empress and a wife. And I found one that I love. I just hope she loves me back." He says looking at his family. "Well at least I get to have a sister. Maybe two including Princess Nari." Ji-Hye says. "And I get to have two daughters." Both are excited, while the two men laugh.

"You should go visit her son. Tell her everything so she doesn't feel so shocked." Dae-Seong says to Yoongi. Yoongi nods before leaving. On his way to the princess'chambers he's carrying a box with a beaded jade bracelet with a gold dragon inside.

 On his way to the princess'chambers he's carrying a box with a beaded jade bracelet with a gold dragon inside

The jade crystal is supposed to prosperity, good luck, and success. While the gold dragon represents good luck and strength. A good marriage proposal gift for the princess. As Yoongi saw the door he took a breath before entering.

Inside he saw Chaeyoung brushing Princess Areum's hair. Both turned around, stood up, and bowed. "Please you don't have too. Chaeyoung leave us please." "Yes your majesty." As Chaeyoung leaves Yoongi puts the box on the bed and walked towards Princess Areum.

He leads her to sit her back on the chair before coming behind her and grabbing the brush. He starts to brush her hair while she holds her head down. Yoongi lifts her chin up with his fingers. As she looks in the mirror she sees him smiling.

"I'm sorry for spooking you with the announcement. Minister Kim was supposed to announce you, but was interrupted." They were in silence until she spoke. "It's alright your highness. I was just spooked. But may I ask why you chose me? My father and mother thought you were going to choose my elder sister." The princess whispered. Yoongi shook his head.

"I wouldn't want your sister to be the empress of my kingdom. They needed someone who rules with kindness and generosity. They needed someone who knows about politics and battling skills. They need you. My mother wanted me to marry so I would have someone by my side for when my sister would need to get married to Emperpor Choi. And for when my parents wouldn't be in this world anymore. I would've needed someone I could come too every night. I would've needed someone I can count on ruling the kingdom with greatness with. I would've needed an empress. I would've needed you."

He lead the princess to the bed and sat down with her. He then grabbed the box and opened it showing the bracelet. "I would like to give this jade bracelet to you. As a proposal gift. Please accept it and accept me as you emperor. I promise to treat you with kindness and happiness. I promise to never hurt the ones you love. Please be my empress." Areum thought about it for a minute while looking at the bracelet. She then smiled.

"Yes." Yoongi looked up. "What?" "Yes. Yes I will be your empress. I will promise to rule beside you. I promise to rule this kingdom the best I could. Yes." The princess said looking at him with a smile. He smiled back before place the bracelet on her wrist and then hugging her. "Thank you. Thank you for accepting me." "Thank you for accepting me."

"We shall tell everyone tomorrow morning at breakfast. But right now you shall get a good rest." He lead her over and lied her down, covering her with the covers. Kyungmi climbed on the bed too. Yoongi petted her head as she fell asleep. "Goodnight your majesty." She said. "Call me Yoongi." He said back.

"Goodnight Yoongi." "Goodnight my empress." He kissed her forehead before leaving.

As he was walking back to his chambers he was smiling like a little kid. "Finally you are mine my empress. I promise to treat you the best I could. I love you."