16.

The stomping of high heels filled the halls and you knew their argument had finally come to an end and so you decided that you would go back and help look for clues. Mr Cha was pacing back and forth decided whether or not to smoke the cigarette in his hand. As he was contemplating that his phone began to ring you looked over at the called id and it was RDU-90. It was all too suspicious then like the last piece of a puzzle being laid down to make the image it all clicked it was in a file you saw recently.

You turned your head away quickly acting like you had paid no attention to the phone call and pretended to look for something in a stack of papers next to Nam Joo. What was this guy hiding you preferred people share information that might maybe later on lead to a compromise or anything unexpected. You picked a random file fiddled with it for a few minutes and then put it back in the stack and realised you had some work to do so you left for home.

Couples these days loved doing stuff together online and at home so you had to find a way to market on this immediately the new laptop model is made.

You remembered you were to go out and get drinks later that evening with Cha Young. She had been really stressed about Babel's affairs in the past week and even rushed over when the plaza was about to get destroyed. She acted as if she lived in constant war with her father but deep down you knew she greatly appreciated him raising her to this point. And you knew him disowning her was all a bunch of hog wash. He had great hopes and expectations for her future.

You deeply wished that even a single person alive would care for you like that but unfortunately you weren't so lucky to be born into a caring and loving home let alone a home at all. Your pondering had gone on for longer than expected. Now you left to go home and prepare for the hanging out later on.

You dressed up but not so much some sweatpants and a cute shirt and headed out. You enjoyed having the closest thing to a friend you could you treasured her company dearly when you met outside the shop she had mentioned and there you saw Vincenzo enter the shop. You placed your bags outside on the table after you had said hello.

"Didn't expect to see you here at this time of day. "

"I'm going to hang with Mr Cha he offered we go drinking so I took it up."

"Mmhm. Do you smell that in the air?"

"No I don't. What are you even talking about."

"Smells like it's gonna rain. You should buy her an umbrella." After that statement you left with a bag of chips. And he had the I don't like her look on his face like dude it was building up to that no point in hiding it.

You went and sat down on the small table and sighed in relief at the end of the very long day. She told you about everything that happened at work and how Choi Myung was being a bitch about everything and that she had no experience whatsoever in the field of law.

You didn't mind hearing her rumbling and venting on about the problems in her daily life. It was calm somewhat comforting. Her words were getting swallowed up by the occurrence of precipitation in the form of water droplets all around you. Thankfully the temperatures were dropping and fast at that. Suddenly she stopped talking and stared at the beer container in her hand moving it from one palm to the other as she moved her fingers from index to pinky along the colour coated tin.

You had concluded on what was bothering her so much. " You should just go see your dad and I don't wanna hear any complaining about the situation and just go."

With that you concluded your statement and you weren't taking no for an answer so just when she was about to leave the cashier came and gave her an umbrella that was supposedly bought for her by the 'gentleman' who was there earlier, Vincenzo.

She took her bag and opened the umbrella and headed over to her father's usual spot. You followed closely behind you didn't need an umbrella the darkness would keep you dry completely.

The walk was surprisingly short you reached the alleged spot but you were struggling to see anything. Why were there a bunch of people at the scene.

Cha Young pushed through the crowd and you followed close behind her.

She stopped and dropped her umbrella and you also turned to see what was worrying her dearly.