...It might not come out the way you want it to

It was the hellish headache that woke her up. Without them, she would probably have slept a few more hours. Maybe she just had to drink something and then tried to go back to sleep. That always worked normally.

So when she swung her legs out of bed, she noticed something strange. The room wasn't hers, even if it nudged a memory in the back of her mind. She knew the room. And the other thing was... harder to process. When she put her feet on the ground, they felt strange, much flatter than she was used to. Confused and curious, she turned her gaze to the floor and was shocked: it wasn't her pale feet that were looking at her, but literal bones! She looked with fear at every exposed area where she should see skin. But even here she only saw bones. As fast as this unknown, little body allowed her, she ran to the only mirror she could see in the room. She hastily pulled away the cloth that was lying on the mirror and then just stared at her reflection in shock.

There in the mirror wasn't the slightly chubby girl who liked to joke about being three centimeters taller than Levi. Instead, a small skeleton, maybe three feet tall, looked back. The glowing red eye stared straight at her, making her feel uncomfortable. The large hole that took up most of the top half of the skull made her realize where her headache was coming from. And this time it was definitely not because she hadn't drunk enough. The realization of it all sank into her bones. With the evidence right in front of her, she couldn't deny it.

Somehow she had ended up in the body of a child version of a Horrortale Sans.

But she didn't want to be a skeleton! Sure, she likes to read fanfiction on the subject and also likes to imagine what it would be like to get into this multiverse. But that didn't mean she actually wanted to change realities! She had family and friends at home. Who would worry about her! She couldn't just leave these important people behind! Without her parents or friends, she would be in a fix.

She hadn't even noticed she'd pulled on the dead right eye socket until a sharp pain hit her. Startled, she looked at the small piece of bone that she had apparently broken off and which was now dissolving into dust in front of her eyes. And with that came the next realization.

Sanses were 1 HP monster without having recorded any LV.

She would die like that. The mere fact that she sometimes bumps into the most stupid things or stumbles through carelessness or kinks when walking normally confirms this. She was a 1 HP monster in an already critical condition, in which she should have died. And she hadn't even included this Horrortale AU! Without going outside, she wouldn't know how far this AU actually is. Queen Undyne and the famine would be her biggest problem. But she forgot something. Something important. Something essential she had overlooked. What was it?!

"AH BROTHER, GREAT TO SEE YOU ARE AWAKE!" Said an enthusiastic voice behind her and she turned around in surprise. Too fast it seemed. Because no sooner had she turned around than many small black dots danced in front of her sight and soon took them. She did not even notice her body losing all tension and falling forward like a doll with its threads cut. Only one thought was present in her head before her consciousness left.

She had forgotten Papyrus.

And Chaos leaned back and grinned contentedly. Her chosen little champion had taken everything so much better than her previous ones.