A parasitic good friend :)

As always, Sans often woke up before this fake Papyrus that had replaced their brother after the machine had taken Pap to another AU could wake them This new Papyrus did not remember the resets and seemed to follow the classic Undertale Papyrus roll. Sans hated that. They wanted their Papyrus back! Not that cheap copy!

Does their Papyrus even miss them? Does he also want Sans to be by his side? Or was he glad that he no longer has to worry about Sans? Is he glad to be rid of that burden that Sans was?

Stop! Sans had to focus on that now. They had to set traps for the human. They didn't know where their fight would ultimately be, it always varied depending on how far Sans had made it with or without magic. They had to do it this time! They had to kill the human once and for all. They just had to. For Papyrus. Papyrus had tried it for so long that Sans couldn't give up!

So they looked for all the components for their traps again. They never killed the human, but they definitely slowed them down. That alone made Sans build them over and over again. By now they knew them all so well that even their bad memory they remember them. But speaking of memory... Since Papyrus was gone, their memory had deteriorated a lot. Sans wasn't exactly sure why, but it was getting harder and harder to remember things. They really hoped that one day they wouldn't forget Paps too.

So Sans was just setting up their traps when they saw something light yellow-orange with red lying in the snow. Maybe someone lost food? Or did an animal die? Whatever it was, it had piqued Sans' curiosity. So they approached the light yellow-orange lump. The closer they got, the more it just looked like a light yellow-orange lump with red spots. It didn't seem to be alive either. Even so, Sans nudged it with a stick, more out of curiosity than anything. Still, it was worth it, because no sooner had Sans nudged it that the light yellow-orange lump jumped up and clung to the stick. Sans looked at the creature in amazement and after a few minutes of intense eye contact with the creature's big star shaped eye in a light pastel yellow with a pastel pink outline, Sans noticed that the creature looked familiar to them. But it doesn't really matter to them how they knew where the being was from. Still, they were sure it was intelligent enough to understand them.

"Hello you. Are you hungry? With the jump, it definitely looked like you were about to nibble at me. I don't have much, but I could share?" Sans asked curiously. They knew too well what it was like to be hungry. Since Papyrus was gone, they just couldn't get something down his throat. The fake Papyrus always had to force-feed Sans. It was always extremely uncomfortable. So Sans tried to eat anyway if there was something.

Huh, where did the feeling come from that the being wouldn't eat anything they could offer? Something told them they knew what this creature was eating, but they just didn't know how they knew it.

"Hey!" Sans exclaimed as the creature tried to tuck one of its tentacles under their shirt. The thought suddenly occurred to them that the being wanted their soul. Again, they didn't know where the thought came from, but something told them it was true.

"Okay, listen.", said Sans and looked at the creature carefully. The being gave them the same attention. “You can sleep in my chest, but I have a different offer than my soul. You won't be able to get a lot from mine, thanks to the whole situation. But there is a person here who you can surely get more from. If you agree, wink once!'

As soon as the creature winked, Sans placed it in their chest. It never occurred to them that this could be a trick. They were perhaps a little gullible. But the warmth of the being - Parasite? - felt very pleasant in their soul. It was almost as beautiful as Pap's hugs.

The human themself was found quickly. They were still half in the ruins and Sans felt an excitement that they were sure didn't belong to them. Was the parasite really that excited at the prospect of a soul? They had approached the person and had even tried to fight them. But something went wrong and the human disappeared again into the ruins. Sans was confused but didn't want to let the human escape, so they followed.

Sans thanked their reflexes, which enabled them to dodge the fireballs Toriel threw at them. Sans had no idea why the former queen should do this, but her attacks were merciless, the human hidden behind her. Sans tried not to injure Toriel, but when an attack had almost hit them, they felt a pull in their soul and Sans realized in terror that they could no longer move their body by themself. The parasite took over and everything went downhill after that.
"Sans" killed Toriel and the human ran out of the ruins again. But instead of following humans, the parasite tracked down every monster in the ruins and tried to get Sans to eat the souls. However, Sans still had a bit of control over their body and was able to prevent that. But the LV still filled their soul.

After that it was the same with Snowdin, Waterfall and Hotland. The parasite had killed everyone there and wanted Sans to eat the souls here too. But all Sans got was the LV. And while the parasite was taking them to the capital, Sans was questioning one thing - why hadn't the human killed anyone yet? Could it be that this should be a pacific route? But... Why did the human change their mind? It didn't make sense!

New Home was quickly crossed and Sans was soon in the castle. Undyne was waiting for them in the judgment hall, the human behind her. It's the same scenario as it was with Toriel. She seemed to be telling them something, but the parasite now seemed to have blocked everything except the sense of sight and Sans could only watch with regret how the parasite destroyed the last monster.

Only the human was left.

And with the humans on LV 1 and Sans shortly before LV 20, the fight was very one-sided. Sans just felt numb the whole fight. Even when the parasite finally absorbed the human soul, that didn't change anything. Although Sans could feel the parasite withdraw and no longer control their body, Sans did nothing but lie on the courtroom floor. Maybe if they stopped doing anything, they could die? Sans kind of hoped so. Maybe they could persuade Goth to take their soul anyway?

Anyway, Sans was tired. Maybe a nap would help to organize their thoughts...