It continues

After Sans had released themself from their embrace with papyrus, the latter looked at him with tears in his eyes. Sans doubted they were any different.

"I'M SO SORRY SANS! I DON'T WANT YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT LIKE THIS."

Sans squeezed Papyrus's hand and met his brother's eyes. “It's not your fault Papyrus. A human alone can be difficult to stop, and a determined one even more."

Papyrus hugged Sans again and Sans enjoyed it to the full. There was nothing in the world better than Papyrus hugs. They always made them feel safe. Sans hoped their hugs were at least half as good for Papyrus. But then Papyrus broke away from the embrace and stood up. Sans looked up at him, confused.

“SANS, PLEASE GO TO THE BASEMENT. I WILL BRING SOMETHING ELSE." Papyrus said, leaving a confused Sans behind. What did Paps have planned?

Nonetheless, Sans walked to the cellar door with some excitement. They've never been in the basement since they've been here, and while Sans had a rough idea of what was down there, they were curious about what Papyrus was doing down there. And Sans didn't have to wait long either, when Papyrus came with two bags over one shoulder. If Sans was being honest, it only confused them more.

"Paps?"

“DON'T WORRY SANS, I WILL TELL YOU AS SOON WE ARE DOWN!” And if that wasn't exciting! Sans should be nervous about being in uncharted territory, but they could feel nothing but excitement. After all, with Papyrus by their side, there is little to fear.

Sans looked in amazement at the huge machine they knew from so many reverse harem fanfictions. Would that happen what Sans thinks will happen now?

"SINCE THE RESETS STARTED, I HAD HOPED YOU WOULD SHOW SIGNS OF REMEMBERING SANS. I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE'RE LEAVING." Sans had listened carefully to their brother, but Sans hadn't expected this answer.

"Going where?" Asked Sans. Because the more they thought about it, the more Sans couldn't get rid of the feeling that something was going to go wrong.

“INTO ANOTHER UNIVERSE SANS! I HAVE RECEIVED AN INVITATION IN A LONG TIME AGO, SHOULD I EVER NEED ANOTHER PLACE TO LIVE. IT'S PERFECT FOR US! NO DEMIC CHILD AND FOOD AS MUCH AS YOU CAN EAT!" And Papyrus was right, it sounded tempting. So Sans agreed with their brother and let him prepare everything for their transport. Still, Sans couldn't get rid of the feeling that something was going to go wrong. But nothing seemed wrong, which is why Sans pushed that feeling down.

Soon after, when the machine was running and opened a portal to that other universe, Papyrus turned to Sans with a proud grin. He shouldered both bags before turning completely to Sans. “I WILL BE THE FIRST WALKING THROUGH SANS. BECAUSE DESPITE THE INVITATION WE DON'T KNOW WHAT A RECEPTION TO EXPECT US."

"‘k Bro. If you say that, then I'll be right behind you.” Satisfied with their answer, Papyrus turned to the portal and walked through without any major problems. Sans wanted to follow him, but they couldn't enter the portal! It was like there was a barrier around it. Sans called for Papyrus, hoping their brother could hear them on the other side, but it was in vain. Their brother didn't come back. Papyrus had left them in that terrible AU. The portal closed, making it official.

Sans was alone.

After that everything was monotonous. Get up, look for food, go home, eat, sleep. The same routine day in and day out. Sans couldn't even take care of the humans at first when they came to Snowdin to dust off all the monsters there, including Sans. And yet Sans kept begging to get sent back from Goth every time he met the little Grim Reaper. He doesn't even know exactly why. Maybe in the hope that Papyrus will come back and didn't forget them. With that in mind, Sans took on a task that seemed impossible to them.

Kill the human.

Sans still couldn't use magic, so they found an ax big enough for them. They practiced and practiced and practiced. Little by little they got better at their ax, Kindness. But it was never enough to finally kill the human. And their chances of killing them decreased with each reset.

“I can still give you one chance. One." Goth said in a serious tone and Sans nodded in agreement. They knew they couldn't try endlessly.

“I'm not going to ask you for more chances. But I actually have a request for you. If I can't make it, could you send Papyrus the message that I'm dead for good? He deserved to know that I'm dead." Goth nodded and sent Sans back to life.

"How about some sort of bonus for that one-of-a-kind sans dad? It would certainly make the whole thing more interesting." With curiosity and excitement, Goth turned to his father, who had been watching his exchange with this sans for some time. And just one look at Reaper's face was enough for Goth to know the answer. Uncle Fresh would certainly not mind if he borrowed something from him for a short time.