Moments before the disaster

Nightmare would like to claim that he is surprised by Minis' request. But it seemed like the two Horrortales had one thing in common. And it's just their curiosity about his goop. "Fine," he grumbled, he already knows better than to deny Mini that. Not only could they then ask again and again later, Nightmare could also make himself unpopular with his boys. He had noticed how attached his boys were to the little child. It was amazing how quickly this little Sans had wormed their way into the hearts of the gang. Even Nightmare couldn't deny that even he had taken a liking to Mini. Although perhaps it was because of the little stowaway Mini was carrying in their chest.

"Thank you!!!" Mini enthusiastically shot forward and hugged Nightmare, not hesitating to fear his touch. They looked at him with wide, delighted eyes, as if a dream had come true. Like they couldn't believe Nightmare had allowed them to do that. Careful, not wanting to hurt this little child under any circumstances, he returned the hug. He was just soft for children. It's a wonder Ink and Dream haven't tried to incapacitate him by luring him to Littletale or another AU with children in the foreground.

"Can I taste it now?" asked Mini, tearing Nightmare out of his thoughts. They looked at him so innocently, as if Nightmare could do them no harm. As if his reputation, everything that makes him a villain, isn't for them. Like Nightmare was...just Nightmare to them.

"After dinner." Was it almost an escape? Perhaps. But Nightmare needs time to prepare to truly absorb Mini's essence. He only saw them as a host for Erebos, his young son, but slowly they became more. Mini had knocked over the door to his heart and was making themself incredibly large there. Took the last empty space left in his heart.

"Nawww..." they lowered their head sadly, seeming disappointed that they couldn't taste Nightmare's Goop just yet. But then their gaze became determined and they nodded. "I'll remind you! You promised after all!" Oh, Nightmare had a feeling that Mini wouldn't let him forget it.

And he was right. Mini seemed to practically follow him as soon as the food was ready. Even as Nightmare moved through the shadows, Mini always seemed to find him no matter where Nightmare moved. He knew Horror had a good nose, but even he couldn't find Nightmare moving through the shadows. Did Mini somehow smell the flow of his magic wherever he moved? If so, they could eventually surpass Horror's tracking and tracking skills. They could become indispensable to the team, helping them better avoid his brother and thereby helping them maintain balance. They could-

Stop! Mini was a child! And Nightmare shouldn't decide for them what they should do in the future. Mini should decide that for themself. And he knows that his boys would really resent him if he forced Mini into something. They had crept into the souls of his boys even faster than into Nightmare's own soul. Besides, he couldn't forgive himself for putting Mini in danger like that.

"Nighty!" shouted the stormy child who came running towards him. They looked up at him with an excited expression on their face, even though they seemed out of breath. How long had they been running? "Can I taste it now? Pleeeeeeeeeese?" They looked at him with wide eyes, probably giving him their best puppy look. And how could Nightmare say no?

"Alright.", grinning, he picked up Mini, the little skeleton was surprisingly light. Maybe he should help Horror get some good, restorative food. "But we'll go into your room to make it more comfortable for you." And so that Nightmare can make sure Mini is safe and comfortable should they react badly.

"Yeay!" Mini's joy flared brightly, causing the corruption to curl in disgust. But he will be careful not to forbid this child's emotions, to plunge them into negativity. That would indirectly kill that child. And for Mini's well-being, he will embrace every bit of that positivity. It even made him smile when Mini made amazed noises as he pulled him through the shadows. They even seemed to laugh a little. Was it really that amusing for them? Part of him hoped so. Because he didn't want it to be scary for Mini when it could happen ofteb that he dragged Mini through the shadows. And at least that was confirmed when Mini shouted "Again!" as soon as they appeared in their room.

"Another time." He could only shake his head in amusement. It was... refreshing to have a child here. Maybe he was reminded a bit of Dream when they were both young. He suppressed the melancholy in his soul. It's no use that he misses Dream. He can't get his brother back, no matter what he would do to "improve" himself. "I don't think you want to feel sick."

Mini only seemed offended for a moment, as they seemed to have quickly forgotten that they couldn't travel through the shadows again. Was he distracted far too quickly by Nightmare holding out his smallest and thinnest tentacles "How do you want to do that? Should I-" Nightmare gritted his teeth and hissed quietly. Mini had bitten into his tentacle and ripped a piece out without hesitation. But based on the blurry look in their eyes, Mini had probably reacted instinctively. They sensed something edible in front of them - although it was worrying that Mini saw his corruption as something edible - and bit down. Horror had been similar in the beginning, although he at least had enough control over himself not to bite blindly. Nightmare moved Mini gently, placing little Sans in the bed. As withdrawn as Mini was, he didn't want to risk anything. If he allowed Mini to get hurt, his boys would turn on him.

"I'm dizzy..." Mini murmured quietly, their eyesight flickering in and out. Worried, he ran his magic through Mini to see if his corruption was harming Mini. But instead, Mini's body and soul seemed to absorb and absorb his magic. Were their reserves so low that he was essentially filling up their magic? But even then it shouldn't be possible. His magic was too different to even be compatible with Mini. And yet Mini absorbed his magic so hungrily... "Pomegranate..."

"What?", confused, he looked at the unconscious child. Pomegranate? What did they mean by pomegranate? Maybe... Was Mini referring to what his goop tasted like? Horror had said it tasted like sour apples. Does it taste different for everyone? If so, then he just hopes Mini likes pomegranates. On the other hand, if they doesn't like it, then they might not want to eat his goop again.

"Good night, Mini." Nightmare covered the little child, said goodbye to Erebos in their chest and then left the room.

The pixelated portal into the white nothingness escaped Nightmare's attention.