v. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯

THE REUNION

— ( chapter five

( chapter five. )

Aurora awoke at half-past five the next morning as abruptly and completely as if somebody had yelled in her ear. For a few moments she lay immobile as any and all thoughts filled every tiny particle of her brain, then, unable to bear it, she leapt out of bed and slipped her glasses carefully onto her face, eyeing her reflection ruefully. With a soft grin, she concentrated hard in the mirror, her nose scrunching and eyes wrinkling, and the entire underneath of her hair turned a bright bubblegum pink, hidden by her sheet of black hair. She smiled.

Ginny was lying sprawled on her back with her mouth wide open, fast asleep. She did not stir as Aurora crossed the room, stepped out on to the landing and closed the door softly behind her. Trying to be as quiet as possible was not possible if someone else was awake too, which Aurora would soon find out as she nearly walked head on into Harry, who seemed to be, sneaking out of his room quietly, Ron's snores drifting through the open door.

Harry had expected Aurora to be asleep still, if he was honest, he didn't know how early Aurora woke up except it was really early. They met each others eyes awkwardly.

"Morning." he said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. Aurora was wearing a loose fitting quidditch jumper she had grabbed from her trunk. His jumper.

"Morning." she played with the hem of the sleeves absentmindedly. "Good luck with your trial, Harry."

"Thanks, Aurora." He hated the formality of it all. He wanted them to go back to normal, to take back what he said, to assure Aurora she had every right to hate Sirius. Aurora must have assumed the same thing.

She held out a hand to him.

"Shake on it that we won't keep secrets from each other ever again." said Aurora, shaking Harry's hand softly.

"Deal."

He pulled her into his chest and rested his chin on her head, breathing deeply. Just a smidge of his anxiety, although he would never admit that it could have been more, towards the trial faded away. She didn't release his hand as they walked towards the kitchen, nor did Harry want her too, she was a comfort to him he never wanted to lose.

Aurora had expected it to be empty, but when they reached the door she heard the soft rumble of voices on the other side. Harry pushed it open and saw Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks sitting there almost as though they were waiting for them. All were fully dressed except Mrs. Weasley, who was wearing a quilted purple dressing gown. She leapt to her feet the moment the pair of them entered.

"Breakfast," she said as she pulled out her wand and hurried over to the fire.

"M-m-morning, Harry, Rory," yawned Tonks. Her hair was blonde and curly this morning. "Sleep all right?"