xii. 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦

CAMERON'S MESSAGE

— ( chapter twelve

( chapter twelve. )

"Shit."

Elladora had be out of the door faster than Violette and Aurora could even react.

The pair, without even thinking, dashed after her, their footsteps echoing off the stone floor.

"Ellie, wait!" Violette yelled.

Elladora's form seemed to be disappearing away from them up the corridor quicker.

She had burst into the ground floor with an energy radiating from her in pooling waves. It was a coldness that seemed to seep from her and travel across the smooth wooden floors like mist. It was like dread and pall combined together, sinking low in your stomach.

Violette caught Aurora's wrist breathlessly.

"Shit."

"What?"

Violette was running again.

"What?!" Aurora repeated.

"Get the fuck away from my brother."

Then a crash.

"That's what!"

Aurora Black and Violette Lewis burst into the foyer with the same vengeful power radiating off them. A dull red flicker was emitting from Aurora's finger tips, and Violette's wand was clenched in her fist, raised at chest height.

"Aw, look at that," Bellatrix teased. "She came and handed herself in."

Alexander gave a very audible cry of frustration. Cameron's one was very much more so.

"Violette!"

She met his eyes quickly, but determinedly.

"Go back! It's too dangerous."

Bellatrix snapped up at this at once, her wand swivelling instinctively to Violette.

"Yes, girly. It's too dangerous."

Aurora flickered her wrist in Bellatrix's direction. The very faintest of red flickers made her step back jauntily, but it was not the desired effect Aurora had gone for.

Bellatrix's wide eyes found Aurora and sharpened. Her wand swivelled around once more, a malevolent grin crossing her features.