ii. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘨 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘣

THE SLUG CLUB

— ( chapter two

( chapter two. )

Aurora spent a lot of the last week of the holidays pondering the meaning of Harry's cryptic letter about Draco Malfoy being a death eater. What disturbed her most was the fact Draco had been to every secretive meeting Catalina had hosted in the lower drawing rooms before Remus had brought her away from Reyes Manor. Nothing that made Malfoy look that happy could be good news.

"Well, you be good, and have fun." said Remus, hugging Aurora goodbye.

Many of the older Hogwarts students were looking at them strangely. Like that was something new.

"Please try to stay out of trouble."

"We do, it just doesn't work very well." said Aurora with a grin. "Ah there's Ron and Hermione."

She gave him a final hug before dragging her trunk over to where Ron and Hermione stood, the former helping her pull it onto the train.

There was a whistle behind them; nearly everyone had boarded the train and the doors were closing.

"Come on, Specky!" Remus heard Aurora yell rather loudly, he winced and turned to see Harry running towards the train, "You going to miss the fucking train!"

Harry hurried forward and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley helped him load his trunk onto the train.

"Now, dear, you two are coming to us for Christmas, it's all fixed with Dumbledore, so we'll see you quite soon," said Mrs. Weasley through the window, as Harry slammed the door shut behind him and the train began to move. "You make sure you look after yourself and — "

The train was gathering speed.

" — be good and — " She was jogging to keep up now.

" — stay safe!"

Harry and Aurora waved until the train had turned a corner and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were lost to view, then turned to see where the others had got to. Aurora brushed Harry's hair back off his forehead before signalling for him to lead the way down the corridor.

People stared shamelessly as they approached. They even pressed their faces against the windows of their compartments to get a look at Harry. Aurora had expected an upswing in the amount of gaping and gawping Harry would have to endure this term after all the "Chosen One" rumors in the Daily Prophet, but he did not enjoy the sensation of standing in a very bright spotlight. He tapped Ginny on the shoulder.

"Fancy trying to find a compartment?"

"I can't, Harry, I said I'd meet Dean," said Ginny brightly. "See you later."

"Right," said Harry.

"Hi, Harry!" said a familiar voice from behind him.

"Neville!" said Harry in relief, turning to see a round-faced boy struggling toward him.