i. 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯

A MOST FORTUNATE REUNION

( chapter one. )

Aurora remained within the confines of Remus' garden for the first week of her stay with him. He apparently spent most of his days inside and rarely had any company. Aurora had made it her personal duty to keep Remus outside, and give him good company. Remus also found out, much to his bemusement, that Aurora was very much a morning person; very unlike himself, who couldn't stand waking up early. He had only discovered this when he awoke on the first day of Aurora's stay to find her already awake and sat in the sitting room with a book.

It would have been a happy, peaceful stay had it not been for the stories of disappearances, odd accidents, even of deaths now appearing almost daily in the Prophet. Sometimes Remus knew news before it even reached the paper (which Aurora had taken up a subscription in light of current events). To Mrs. Weasley's displeasure, Harry's sixteenth birthday celebrations were marred by grisly tidings brought to the party by Remus, who had ensured to deliver Aurora there so she could see Harry.

"There have been another couple of dementor attacks," he announced, as Mrs. Weasley passed him a large slice of birthday cake. "And they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it... well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius's brother, Regulus, only managed a few days as far as I can remember."

"Yes, well," said Mrs. Weasley, frowning, "perhaps we should talk about something diff..."

"Did you hear about Florean Fortescue, Remus?" asked Bill, who was being plied with wine by Fleur. "The man who ran — "

" — the ice-cream place in Diagon Alley?" Harry interrupted, with an unpleasant, hollow sensation in the pit of his stomach. "He used to give me free ice creams. What's happened to him?"

"Dragged off, by the look of his place."

"Why?" asked Ron, while Mrs. Weasley pointedly glared at Bill.

"Who knows? He must've upset them somehow. He was a good man, Florean."

"Talking of Diagon Alley," said Mr. Weasley, "looks like Ollivander's gone too."

"The wand-maker?" said Ginny, looking startled.

"That's the one. Shop's empty. No sign of a struggle. No one knows whether he left voluntarily or was kidnapped."

"But wands — what'll people do for wands?"

"They'll make do with other makers," said Remus. "But Ollivander was the best, and if the other side have got him it's not so good for us."