19

⚠️death, a few mentions of depression⚠️

George was back at home, in his room. He barely ate, didn't talk to anyone, didn't read. Just laid in bed. His Aunt Kate flew in from Europe to stay with George for a little while. Georges mom had been dead for a week now, George didn't go to the funeral. He couldn't face his dead mom, not now, now not for the rest of his life. George remembered a few things his mom said that meant something. But he never forgot her last words she said to him.

'Have a good day sweetheart, I love you"

He was filled with guilt, he never said it back. He never said 'I love you too' or 'Love you see you later mom'. Instead he said 'Okay bye mom' it broke George, George was broken already.

One thing George remembered his mom saying that meant something was...

'No matter where you are in this world, people are always gonna be rude but just try to ignore them'

George never forgot those words exactly. She said that when Logan first ever bullied George...

George also remembered his mom saying...

'Don't give up on yourself no matter what your facing'

And that's what George was doing, giving up on himself. George had been depressed, he wasn't himself and he knew that. George didn't wanna give up on himself, so he sat up. George was gonna live his life, and get through this.

George got out of his bed, he walked towards his dresser and changed his clothes. George put on a light blue shirt and his blue checkered pants. Something comforting to wear. George grabbed his glasses and put them on. George opened his bedroom door. He heard talking specifically his Aunt Kate talking to someone. George walked downstairs. His Aunt Kate was sitting in a chair and someone sat across from her.

It was Clay...

Why was Clay there?

"George?" His Aunt said.

1 hour before...

Clay hadn't talked or seen George in a week. He decided to go to his house, besides George still had his leather jacket but he didn't care. Clay walked out of the house and walked to George's house. Less than five minutes Clay was at George's house, knocking at his door. A woman that looked like George's mom a bit answered the door. Brown hair, a light tan, beautiful brown eyes like George's, and shoulder length hair. She seemed nice.

"Hi, is George here?" Clay asked.

"He is but I don't think he would prefer visitors at the moment, I'm sorry who are you?"

"Hi I'm Clay one of George's friends" Clay held out his hand and she shook it.

"Hi I'm Kate, George's Aunt" She said "Please come in."

"Okay" Clay stepped into the house.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

"Sure, I will have a water please" Clay said looking at George's Aunt.

"You live in the UK, right?" Clay asked.

"Yeah that's right" She said pouring water into a cup for Clay.

"How long will you be staying here?" Clay asked.

"For a little while, until George is better" She said giving the cup to Clay.

"Thank you" Clay said grabbing from her.

"Your welcome" Kate said "So how long have you've known George?"

"For a few months now, we go to the same school" Clay said.

"Oh did you just move here?"

"No, I've been here for a while now" Clay said.

"When did you two start talking?"

"Well one day this guy was picking on George for no reason he did nothing wrong, and I guess I stoped the person from doing anything worse than that."

"He got picked on?"

"Yeah many times by the same person I stopped most of them, actually the day of his mother's you know, I competed the guy into a basketball match and I won so I don't think he will be picking on him that much anymore" Clay said.

"Oh, well I'm sure he is lucky to have a friend like you" Kate smiled.

"Your nephew is one of the smartest and kindest people I have met, I am glad I am a friend of his" Clay said "How is George also?"

"I'm not that sure, it's been rough for him for the pass week he hasn't talked much. His friend Sapnap comes here sometimes but he said nothing" Kate said, Clay hated hearing that.

"Has he eaten?" Clay asked.

"A bit" Kate said by "He has drunk water but I barely see him, he just stays in his room."

"I know its sad, his mother was a nice woman" Clay said.

"My sister was a nice woman, you knew her?"

"I only met her a few times but she was lovely, it's unfortunate how soon her death was."

"George?" Kate said looking behind Clay.

Clay turned around and saw George...

"Oh hi Clay, what are you doing here?"

"I was gonna sat hi to you but your Aunt answered so I yelled to her for a bit."

"Oh okay" George said walking to the kitchen grabbing an apple, and eating it.

"Are you okay?" Clay asked.

"I'm okay now" George said eating his apple.

"That's good" Kate said.

George walked over to his own personal bookshelf, looking at which book should he read. Then he remembered he had to finish the last Harry Potter book again.

"What book are you gonna read?" Kate asked.

"Harry Potter Deathly Hallows" George said grabbing the book off the shelf.

"That's a good book" Clay said.

"But I thought you don't like Harry Potter?"

"I don't, but I have read the books" Clay looked at George.

"I never knew you read books that's shocking" George said opening the book. As George opened the book papers came flying out of the book. A lot of papers.

"What the hell?" George said looking at the mess of papers.

987 words :)