06 | The Runaway Bride

MINUTES OF SILENCE had passed and I was still trying to digest the news

MINUTES OF SILENCE had passed and I was still trying to digest the news. Dhruv and Arjun were brothers.

Brothers.

I raised my eyebrow at Dhruv waiting for him to elaborate. "Yes, we're brothers."

"But-... wait. You're surnames are different. How's that possible? Are you'll step-brothers or something?" I ask.

Nishaant was sitting on the foot of Arjun's bed with concern in his eyes as he listened to the conversation while Arjun was laying back on his bed staring at the ceiling.

What was so freaking mesmerising about the ceiling?

"No, we're twins," Dhruv says. "God, I don't know how to explain this. But, our mom and dad got divorced when we were five and my mom took my custody while dad took Arjun's custody. My dad's surname is Singh while my mum's is Gupta. But again, Arjun mostly stays with us because he hates my dad. So, yeah...there's that."

I stare at him wide-eyed and say, "Um.. wow, that's a lot of information to take."

"I know I should've told you this before but then again Arjun and I are nothing alike and Arjun has a not-so-good reputation here. I thought you'll probably think I'm like him," He grunts. Arjun yawns showing no interest as he listens to the conversation.

I roll my eyes at him and command, "Arjun, clean this room right now."

He takes his phone from the dresser beside the bed and starts texting someone, completely ignoring me.

"Hello, I'm talking to you!", I growl trying to get his attention.

"You're not my mom," he states staring at his phone screen.

I slam my fist on the bed and get up. "Arjun, for the last time I'm telling you clean this room up now or else—"

"Or else what, barbie?", he snaps looking straight into my eye, making me uncomfortable.

No one ever wins arguments with me but I don't know how this boy single-handedly makes me nervous without even trying.

"Guys, don't fight" Dhruv interrupts.

"Tell barbie," Arjun nags.

"Stop calling me that."

"Sure, barbie," Arjun repeats, making me clench my fists.

Before I could snap at him back, someone knocks on the door. Nishaant gets up to open the door and Aman bhaiya storms in towards me. I gulp.

"Hey, bhai" I say with a sugar-coating smile.

"Cut the crap out. Why are you here?" He moving his deadly gaze to Arjun who, by the way, doesn't even move.

"I got placed here. In the Boys hostel," I state.