26 | Broken Friendships

PACING BACK AND FORTH in my dorm room was the only thing I was successful in doing since the last fifteen minutes

PACING BACK AND FORTH in my dorm room was the only thing I was successful in doing since the last fifteen minutes. The results were going to be out in short span of time and all I was doing was, hyperventilating.

Why did this mean so much to me?

God only knows.

"Vedika." Kavya runs into my room. "God, here you are," She pants in relief. "Everyone's searching for you. Come on."

I fall back on my bed and sigh. "No, let's just stay here. I can't face anyone right now. And especially, Heena."

"Tensed, huh?" She falls on my bed, beside me. "We were good, weren't we?" She asks.

"Yes, we were. I'm just... you know... I can't—"

"Lose this time," she completes the sentence for me.

I nod, staring up at the ceiling. "Gosh. Why does this have to be so hard?" I groan, slamming my hands on my face. "You were good, by the way."

She chuckles sarcastically, "Yeah, right."

"No, seriously. No offence but I expected you to fall or something and end up making a fool out of yourself today," I glance at her. "But you didn't."

"I'm sorry," I quickly say. "I sound like a total bitch."

She chuckles, "that you are. No doubt in that." She takes a long breath before saying, "but you know what? You're one of my favourite bitches."

"Hey," I playfully hit her shoulder. "That's a very mean thing to say to a person who's already very vulnerable."

"Oh c'mon. Don't you remember the way you treated Divya and me on the first day?" She laughs. "We were so scared of you. Oh, and that time when you came up to me and asked me to call Aman but it was just you setting us up. God, you're unbelievable!"

"That I am," I smirk. "I saw the way he looked at you on the first day. Since then, my only motto was to set you up with him."

"Hey," she says. "Can I ask you something? Don't be mad."

I chuckle. "Let me guess. Why did Zivah and I fight?"

She looks at me, shocked out of her mind. "How did you know?"

"Well," I begin. "I heard that you and Divya were going around asking people about that but you'll never exactly came to me or Zivah for that matter."

"Well, we're stupid. What's new?" She retorts.

"It was that party night. When... we... um.. okay let's begin from the top," I say as she keenly listens to me.

"Since the time Dhruv, her and me had become friends, things were going great. Then one day, she came and told me that she had a crush on Dhruv. I was totally happy for her. A week after that, Heena threw a party. We all went. And then there was this truth and dare game where they dared me to kiss Dhruv. Zivah wasn't around at that time, so I did it. Anyway, next day, suddenly Zivah wasn't talking to me. Then, I came to know that Heena had told her about the kiss."