27 | A Little Field Trip

"AGHH VEDIKA, where are we going?" Nishaant whines as I pull him towards the girls hostel

It was past twelve in the night. We all had gone into our respective rooms after the whole chaotic celebration to finally peacefully sleep but obviously the word 'peaceful' didn't fit anywhere in my life.

After getting into my room, I was pretty much exhausted but I was also waiting for Arjun to come over so I could tell him about my win. But he had neither come, nor had he answered to any of my texts which literally worried the shit out of me.

On other days, I would have loved the opportunity to kill him but today I was genuinely worried. I knew he was in some deep shit and I couldn't sleep without knowing where the actual fuck he was.

So here I was, dragging a very sleepy Nishaant to Kavya's dorm to execute the plan I had in my mind.

I knock on Kavya's door continuously while Nishaant rests his head on the door, almost dozing off to sleep.

I stamp on his foot making his eyes go wide. "Ouch, Vedika," he yells at me, groaning and then goes back to putting his entire body weight on the door.

When Kavya opens the door, he falls into the room with a big thud.

"Oh my god," Kavya exclaims in shock. "What the-"

I don't let her finish as I walk into the room, shutting the door behind me.

"Kavya, listen," I begin. "I need a favour from—"

"What the actual hell!" Divya yells loudly, coming out of the bathroom. "What are you'll—"

"Shhh. We can't wake everyone up, alright? I need you guys to do me a favour.  Look, I want to know what shit Arjun is into and for that, I'm gonna go look for him. So in the meanwhile, Divya," I turn to her. "You distract the warden so that we can leave the hostel premises—"

"No," Kavya cuts me off, shaking her head. "You aren't going anywhere late at this time in the night. It's dangerous and—"

"Kavya, I can look out for myself. I promise I won't fall into any trouble. All you have to do is, while I'm gone, you need to keep my brother occupied. His roommate is out of the town and so you go to his room, flirt with him and do what comes... natural."

She keeps her glare fixed at me. "So what you want for me to do is, go into his room late at this night, flirt with him and then do what comes natural?" She repeats as her glare deepens. "Vedika," she crosses her arms against her chest, "I'm not doing any of that."

"What? Nooo," I whine, holding her arms. "Please don't do this to me. I can't go without him being occupied cause if he knocks on my door and if no one answers, then I'm screwed. For real. Kavya, please understand." I try my best to display my puppy eyes. They always work.

Kavya rolls her eyes before blurting, "Fine."

"Yes, thankyou." I say, smiling wide at her.

"Then why have I been dragged in here?" Nishaant groans from beside me.

"You're coming with me."

"What, where are we going?" He gets slightly excited now.

"You and me, honey, we're going to take a little field trip." I smirk, pulling his cheeks.

Nishaant frowns as he realises where I was taking him. "No. No. Not happening." He shakes his head.

"Yes. We're going and you're going to take me because I know you know exactly where they are," I say, pointing a finger at him.

______________________

"Vedika, if he kills me today, then it's all on you." Nishaant announces, driving his car.

We were driving in his car since half an hour now and we had still not reached the destination.

"No ones dying, Nishaant—"

"No, you don't even know how dangerous that place is. And the minute Arjun sees us and gets to know that I've brought you here with me, then he'll totally flip on me. I'm telling you, he's gonna shove me so hard that I won't be able to get up from bed."

Yup, that sounded exactly like what my roommate would do.

I snort, "Relax, Nish. He can't even touch a hair on your head with me by your side."

At that, a blush creeps through his cheeks and I chuckle. How can someone be so adorable?

"So, what's up with Divya and you?" I blurt randomly.

I glance at him as his eyes go wide and I raise my eyebrows. "What?! Nothing.. nothing.. absolutely nothing." He stutters, looking on the road as his mind starts working on full gear.

I laugh, "Oh please. I saw her sneak into your room when Dhruv wasn't there yesterday. And, you'll even stopped all that stupid arguing thing you'll had going on. What happened? You like her or something?"

He scratches his head. It was totally cute.

"Kind of, I don't know," He says, as he changes one of the gears.

"Why are we discussing about my love life? Let's discuss yours," He reasons, changing the topic.

I roll my eyes. "Let me tell you, my love life is absolutely pathetic, dry and boring. On the other hand, my roommate's? His is epic." I say, remembering the number of stalkers he is visited by on a daily basis, in our dorm.

"Look who's talking," Nishaant shakes his head. "You're going on a date with Samir tomorrow, and your love life is boring? Irony much, huh?"

Wow, I had totally forgotten about the date.

I quickly pull my phone out and send a text to Samir confirming that I'll be coming. I was really looking forward to it.

I find my cheeks go red as I immediately receive an answer from him.

"Arjun's gonna be pissed." Nishaant scoffs from beside me.

I snap my head at him, "If he wants to, the he can be. What's the deal with him and Samir, anyway?"

"I don't know, but...forget it. You don't wanna know," He says.

Before I could protest, he announces, "We're here."

"