11 | Curious Asses

AFTER A LOT OF convincing, Aman had finally agreed on telling us the whole story about the drama

"Okay, but what do I get in return, cheesecake?" He asks in a flirtatious tone and I roll my eyes.

"She'll go on a date with you," Divya prompts and I immediately snap my head at her throwing her my best ever glare.

The audacity of that girl.

"Well, if you promise me a date then I'll—", His high hopes are cut off by me.

I shake my head, "I'm sorry but no. I'm not going on a date with you. In fact, not with anyone," I say scrunching up my nose.

Divya pulls me on her side and leans forward to whisper in my ear. "Listen, stop over acting. It's just a date. He's not asking you to marry him."

"But-"

"Shut up. Just say yes. He doesn't seem like a bad person. Please." She says, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Okay" I say and turn to Aman. "Fine. I'll go on a date with you." He grins showing all his thirty-two teeth. "But, only on a weekend. Not during a weekday. We have early morning classes. I don't want to be late and all," I say with a demanding tone.

"Okay," He rolls his eyes. "6pm on Saturday. I'll pick you up. Cool?" He asks.

I nod. "Okay now tell us the story," I say making myself comfortable on the seat I was sitting on. Divya, who was standing till now, rushes to get a chair from the corner of the room and sits beside me opposite Aman.

Dramatic Divya.

Aman moves his glance from Divya to me and begins, "Okay so Vedika is my sister—

"Which is already established," Divya interrupts rolling her eyes getting a sharp glare from Aman.

Aman continues. "Okay, so yes. Vedika joined this institute last year with Zivah. They both met each other on the first day of college and became best friends instantly. They became so close, that Zivah bullied Vedika's previous roommate into changing rooms with her so that she and Vedika could stay with each other. They used to eat, sleep, study and do everything together. They were literally inseparable. Zivah was an orphan so she had no one as close to her as Vedika before. Zivah always considered me as her elder brother, she still does though."

We were listening intently as he continued.

"Dhruv, too, came last year in the college. He used to be in mostly all of Vedika and Zivah's lectures so they bonded with him, too. They started spending a lot of time together. Dhruv used to sneak into the girls hostel at times on weekends to be with the two girls. They would go for movies, brunches, and concerts together. Their friendship was envied by many in the college. They even stood up for each other when Heena Mantri was a being a bitch to them."