Chapter 2

GENESIS

That voice.

I would recognize that voice in my sleep, wiggling my way out of Michael's arms I engulfed the new comer in a bone crushing hug.

"Seraphina" I all but shouted, hurriedly letting her go.

"Whoa whoa whoa, when did you become all feely touchy?" she said planting a big wet kiss on my cheek.

"I haven't seen you in ages and I've been an emotional roller coaster all day, give it a minute to wear off" I said rolling my eyes causing the other two to laugh.

I haven't seen Seraphina in almost 4 years, after she found her mate and left our home town to live here. Truth be told she's the one who kept on gushing how amazing living on actual werewolf territory was that Michael and I decided to move here.

"I love what you've done with the place, and I'm so proud of you. Wait a minute, are you still wearing those damn gloves girl?" She lifted my hand to her face inspecting the dainty lace and leather of my gloves.

"Of course I am, I'm not willing to take any chances. Not right now anyways"

The wearing of gloves in the werewolf community is an ancient practice that limits the chances of finding ones soulmate. Though there are other factors that contribute to recognizing mates, touch is the most prominent.

Seraphina took a whiff of the air and rolled her eyes, addressing me once again.

"And that damn masking agent? You smell so Human ugh. What is with you and not embracing your nature?"

Here we go again.

"We've been over this, a mate isn't necessarily at the top of my priority list at the moment. Most wolves turn their nose up at inter-specie mating, the more they believe I'm a human the less likely they will be to pursue me."

Before she could start going on and on about the bond, and how much it doesn't matter if I wear gloves or mask my scent, the bond will not be ignored, I grabbed my purse and signaled for us all to leave.

"I'm bored with this topic, I'm hungry. Take us to a nice coffee shop or something and let's go over the documents for our relocation."

Following Seraphina in our respective vehicles, it took us about 15 minutes to arrive to what looked to be a coffee shop. Parking was relatively easy, and after checking my appearance one last time we made our way to the entrance.

The wonderful scent of coffee and various pastries invades my nostrils as soon as I entered. Seating ourselves at a table tucked in the back corner, I immediately browsed the menu as Seraphina started bombarding us with information.

"I know you both have never officially lived in an all wolf territory before but there are certain guidelines that must be followed. You'll have to go down to the Gamma's office to sign documents to officially have you registered."

I zoned out on her for a bit, wondering how life as apart of pack would differ from being a rogue.

Contrary to popular beliefs rogues aren't unhinged wolves who either didn't like to be commanded or were kicked out for committing some atrocious crimes.

Rogues are simply, wolves who chose to lead a mostly human life, settling in predominantly human communities away from pack rituals and practices.

Less than 5% of the entire werewolf species are rogues as many simply rather the family unit like structure and protection that the packs provide.

Rogues were barely a threat, the real threat to werewolf societies are skin walkers.

"At the office, you'll receive your ID cards and access passes. The passes gives you full access to all amenities at the Aimilios Pack mansion. You'll be expected to pay your taxes and positively contribute to the society as you'd normally do outside of the pack. You'll be able to leave the pack for various reasons however a request must be placed at the Gamma office so as to alert border patrol"

As she continued to speak I noticed that they had an entire different way of life here and it would take a little adjusting to.

"Can we atleast get something to eat first? I can't process all this information on an empty stomach."

As if on cue, my stomach made a small growl causing me to signal the waitress right away.

"My Goooood, this coffee cake is almost as good as sex" Michael all but moaned, shoveling a piece of cake into his mouth.

I couldn't help but nod in agreement because the cake was indeed good.

"I don't know what type of wack sex you're having Michael, but let's not compare"

Shaking my head at the twos antics, I took a sip of my drink ready to get back to business.

"Alright, so you said something about border patrol? I don't recall seeing any when I arrived here"

Nodding his head in agreement as if to say me too, Michael continued digging into his cake.

"Right, but you both sent your transfer letters so your presence were expected not to mention you've been watched since you both landed in the airport."

Impressive.

"You may not have noticed but patrol wolves have definitely been following you both and sending updates to the warrior unit of the Delta office"

I nodded in appreciation, the fact that we weren't aware of this was an indication of how effective their security system was.

Before I could even get a word out Michael began,

"Goddess knows this is kind of creepy, and it would be way less hassle if we just moved to some random human city in LA. But uh, I'm looking forward to adjusting I guess." He rolled his eyes before they brightened in thought.

"When do we meet the hot, steamy Alpha? Yum"

I stifled a laugh, knowing that that's Michael's typical behaviour especially where supposedly hot men were involved.

It made me a bit nervous to know that of all the territories that Seraphina could have lived, she lived in the one directly ruled by the King of the Werewolf species.

"Our Alpha is out on a business trip. He's not only our Alpha and King but also very prominent and famous in the human world. You can imagine how busy he gets."

Ofcourse, Alpha King Amir, not only hot as Michael said but very smart, rich and basically every woman's dream.

"Until he's back, you'll just have to make do with the presence of a very hot and steamy Delta female. Me. Yum" they both giggled as one thought crossed my mind.

Alpha Amir was everyone's wet dream.

Everyone except mine.

++++++

Second chapter down!

How did you like you it? Let me know by commenting. xoxo