Chapter 30

GENESIS

All my life I had subscribed to my father's indoctrination and had convinced myself that I neither wanted or needed a mate.

Being destined for someone has always been a ridiculous concept, and soulmates as he had told me numerous times were for people who were weak.

Why would I want to be affected by someone so deeply?

I didn't understand until now.

Though I was unable to understand why I had such feelings for the King I knew exactly what they were.

I wanted to see him smile.

I wanted to make him happy.

I wanted to know his deepest fears.

I wanted him to take me repeatedly and claim me as his.

Him.

I wanted him.

Now I know, now I understood.

He was always mine, I just hadn't acknowledged him as mine.

His longing looks, his smiles, his jokes, his various advances, weren't just him being a flirt.

They were always meant for me.

Tears fell down my face uncontrollably as my shoulders gently shook.

He was right, my wolf didn't call for her mate, directly at least. But my soul, it yearned for him.

I had passed it off numerous times as simply physical attraction because who wouldn't be attracted to him and his prestige?

Wretched masking agent, wretched gloves.

Though they weren't enough to stop him from knowing I was his, they did stand in my way of knowing he was mine.

And that hurt more than I had ever thought it would.

I cursed at myself.

A deep sigh distracted me from my self pity. And not long after I was engulfed in the biggest hug.

That for some reason made me cry harder, not because it wasn't comforting but because I felt peace in the comfort.

"It's ok to cry" his deep voice a quiet whisper, convincing me that everything will be ok.

His voice was still clipped and his shoulders tense, despite his remaining anger he still ran his hand down my back trying to comfort me.

That only cause me to cry harder as I think of how patient he has been with me.

Respecting that I wore those stupid gloves, and waiting for me to realize it myself.

If anything I was grateful for that, even though if I had known who he was to me I would have done a way with those gloves.

"May I hold your hand Genesis" he asked, stroking my hair.

I knew what would happen once we joined hands, and I was appreciative that he had asked.

Though hesitant, I placed my palm in his. He physically shivered as he ran his hands over every line of mine as if memorizing it.

The joining of our hands brought me a breath of fresh air, everything was intensified, every sound, smell, colour, it was like I was seeing the world for the first time through new senses. But for some reason I couldn't help but feel as if something was missing.

"You don't feel it" it wasn't a question, and my heart squeezed at his dejected tone.

He had felt something I hadn't and as he continued to rub my hands my heart broke at the sight of his face.