Chapter 20

GENESIS

I stood rooted to the spot while he waited expectantly for me to approach him.

I was dazed, completely mesmerized by the fine specimen that stood before me.

"Must I repeat myself My Love?" he asked cocking an eyebrow.

I felt my stomach tie itself in a knot, causing me to discreetly press my thighs together even further. I wonder if he knew how much he was affecting me right now.

I willed myself to think of something apart from the man standing at the center of the room. I knew it was only a matter of time before my arousal would blanket the air.

I couldn't afford that.

"Hmm" I heard him hum.

Before I could process what had happened, he was already directly in-front of me. Half an inch further and we would have been chest to chest.

"I thought I told you to come" he whispered.

I took a step back, my head was swarming with devilish thoughts of the man that was apparently already spoken for.

Each step I took back, he took one forward until my back hit the wall and I had no where else to go.

"I'd love nothing more than to chase you Genesis. But as I explained before we are on a time crunch" his voice was husky as he harshly exhaled through his nose.

"Do I turn you on King Amir" I asked suddenly feeling empowered.

"Immensely" he breathed pointing his eyes downward. "And I can smell that I turn you on as well."

Stunned at his bluntness, I couldn't respond.

"Amir the council is ready I thought you said you didn't have any meetings toda-" Adira stopped mid sentence at the sight of our compromising position in the corner of the room.

"What is going on here?" She folded her arms glaring in our direction.

Amir turned his head back to me, with a perplexed look he tried to hide.

"Look what you've done G, now we're out of time" he sighed standing up straight.

"Now you'll have to give me a hair cut another time"

What?

"Haircut?" I questioned.

"Yes my Love, haircut" he smirked, "what else could it be?" He asked gesturing to the equipment at the side that I hadn't noticed before.

"Adira, I'll be there soon. You can leave" he dismissed.

"What the actually hell Amir?" She screeched.

I wanted to feel sorry for her but the glare that she was sending my way dissolved any sympathy I had.

Then again, she was engaged to this man and I would be upset if I thought my fiancé was having an affair.

But I'm not the other woman. Am I?

"Good afternoon lady Adira" I greeted.

She sneered, cocking a hip and raising an eyebrow.

"You have some nerve you bitch"