Chapter 38

Unedited

AMIR

I watched in sheer admiration as she rapidly cut and stitch fabric together, though I understood none of it.

She held two fabrics up for me to choose, but they both looked the same to me.

"This one is a shade lighter and the material is thinner" she explained, but which ever she chose I knew she'd be nothing short of exquisite.

"Are you listening to me Amir?" My name rolled off her tongue as if her mouth was designed for the sole purpose of calling out to me.

"Of course I am my love" I walked over to where she stood, resting my hands on her shoulders to give them a little rub.

They were tense, whether from the weight of all this or the stress of making a wedding dress at such short notice I couldn't quite tell.

"Are you seeing the vision?" She asked, holding out a half stitched dress for me to examine.

"Not at the moment, no. But I'm sure it'll turn out beautifully" I responded to which she sighed. I'm not ashamed that that I'm not skilled in this department but I'm sure that the more I'm able to accompany her, the more I'll get better at it.

10:30pm

"Ive ordered dinner for us my love" I interrupted her for the first time in hours.

She paused mid stitch and looked up at me with a raised brow.

"Is there something the matter?" I asked standing up.

She rapidly tapped her head with her pointer before returning to her work. Her fingers moved swiftly and skillfully between the fabric and the machine and I was nothing short of amazed.

I allowed my mind to mull over what she intended for me to figure out and I'm less than a second it occurred to me.

"You've underestimated your King my love" I said with a chuckle moving to her side.

"The food I've ordered isn't from the palace. Moreover, do you question the abilities of your male not to be able to detect poison if it came down to it?" I was amused and impressed that she had been thinking a head.

She didn't answer but I saw the slight smile that covered her lips.

"Besides, I'd set fire to ever ocean and make hell of this earth if it means keeping you safe." I turned her head to me, placing a short kiss on her lips.

She nodded, and I could smell the pride of her wolf.

"Go sit, if you keep distracting me I'll never bring you here again" and like an obedient pup that's all it took for me to sit quietly until our food came.

When the food arrived, I happily shared her portion only satisfied when she had been filled.

We didn't utter a word to each other, yet the silence was so peaceful, I took the time to to mull over everything that had happened and how exactly we were about to proceed.

I didn't have time or space for mistakes, so everything had to done perfectly.

I sat in silence, admiring her and all that she is until she happily clapped and beckoned me forward.

Her dress was complete.

She held up the finished garment for me to peruse and it was nothing short of beautiful. The royal seamstresses would have to work ten times harder to compete with her talent.

"I'm worried" I voiced honestly.

"What about?" She asked abruptly.

I traced a finger around the detailing of the neckline before staring at her, eyes eyes on fire.

"That you won't be able to top this masterpiece when we do have our official wedding"

She smiled softly at my words, quickly and carefully setting the piece in a garment bag.

"I think you underestimate your Queen" she chuckled.

"And" I continued, "that you'll never be satisfied with the pieces made by our seamstress my love. You'll make their job ten times harder" I pulled her in by the waist.

"It's all about perspective my King, if needed, my criticism will only make them better." She placed a kiss on the tip of my nose causing warmth to blossom in my chest.

"Plus" she added with a chuckle, "I'm of the feeling that you're being quite biased."

I didn't respond, instead I pulled her in closer savouring the feeling of which they had wanted to deprive me. 

She ran an arm up my back, and the tense muscles softened almost immediately.

I should be afraid, afraid that she's capable of stripping me of the only thing I've ever known; power.

But how could I feel afraid when the very thing she strips me of she replaces with something more lethal and electrifying?

I could feel the power of the bond begging us to consummate, to bring to ruins the lies of the former heads of the monarch.

To unleash what has been kept concealed for eons.

"Do you feel that?" Her voice was just above a whisper as if afraid to break whatever that hung in the air.

I simply nodded.

"Would you be offended if I bedded you before our wedding night?" My voice tethered on an unknown edge.

"As opposed to allowing our beasts to have a go first?" She asked with inquisitive eyes.

"We'll go down in history for dishonoring  an entire blood line tradition either ways" I said, and a smile made its way to her lips.

"What's one more?"

The moon shone down on her face in that instance, and I knew, the Goddess was pleased.

*peaks behind a bush* hi.....how are y'all doing?

I've been missing for ages but I'm back! Your comments have restored my motivation and for that I'm grateful.

300k overall reads? Wow, that's amazing I love you all❤️

Today someone commented on every single chapter, I'm going to go back and respond to a few lol. I love reading your thoughts!

I'm trying to find my groove back, thank you for sticking with me.

Do you want my socials?