Chapter 18

GENESIS

I watched the King from the top of the stairs as he spoke to a young man. I've been in his home for a full day and he hasn't so much as acknowledged my presence.

During this time, I was totally incapable of admiring the splendor which is the castle as I was focused on a different type of beauty.

Him.

So Pathetic.

I felt my anger beginning to brew, and again a wave of confusion hit. Why does this keep happening?

I had no right to be angry at this man, he was the King for Goddess' sake and I was his subject.

My wolf became angered at that thought. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath, this lack of self control has become quite irritating.

"Your death grip on my stairwell might just break it Genesis"

I gasped in shock looking up at him. When did he get here?

"Stop fighting it" he demanded leaving me confused.

That seems to be a common theme with me ever since I met him.

"What do you mean your highness" my voice was just above a whisper, his presence suffocating me.

His addictive scent invaded my nostrils and engulfing me in an air of calmness.

Does everyone feel this calm and serene in his presence? Is this how it feels to be directly protected by the King of the werewolf race?

"You feel it." He stated, a small smile gracing his face as he held my gloved hand in his much larger ones.

When did that get there?

"I will give you some more time, but I'm not a patient man love." he said caressing my hand.

Time for what? What did he say when I zoned out? Shit.

I need to get it together, this is not the time for me to be infatuated with the King.

I raised my head to look at him once more but he was already staring down at me. The emotions he held in his eyes told a story of its own.

The intensity was just too much, so I did something entirely different. Something stupid.

I ran my hand through King Amir's hair.

"Why don't you cut it?" I asked stupidly but he didn't seem to mind.

"Do you want me to cut it Genesis?"

I stared at him dumbfounded, not knowing how to respond. A male's hair grown out meant one thing, he's still on the market.

"What do I have to do with it, I'd imagine your fiancé wouldn't want her soon to be husband gallivanting as a single man. Quite embarrassing if you ask me"

Realizing my actions a second too late, I quickly clamped my free hand over my mouth.

He responded with a chuckle, rubbing his thumb over the back of my palm.

"What's a fiancé when they aren't your soulmate?" he cocked an eyebrow in my direction and continued.

"But I think you're right, it seems my soulmate would find it embarrassing that I am being displayed as a single man"

I snatched my hand away from his as if he had burned me. In a way he did.

My spirit was furious, and I felt as if he had burned me by the stake.

"Did I say something wrong my love?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

YES. I wanted to scream at him, yes you did.