Chapter 13

AMIR

Earlier

I have always hated traveling, mostly because it has always been about business and I'd have to leave home for several days at a time.

Leaving also meant not being able to know what was going on as soon as it happened in my territory.

"Babe, you haven't spoken a word to me since we left"

Ah yes, the other reason why I despise traveling, my travel companion has always been rather annoying.

Adira Valentino, the woman that had been arranged for me to marry since birth. A beautiful woman from a strong bloodline, a perfect Queen. In their eyes atleast.

I felt nothing for the woman, she has been nothing but a nagging thorn in my side since the day I met her when she was nine.

I remember her being as power hungry then, as she is now, demanding everyone to call her princess because she was going to marry the prince.

I scoffed, completely forgetting that she had addressed me.

"You scoff at my words Amir, continuing to treat me with disrespect as if I may not be carrying your pups at this very moment"

I grunted at her response. She didn't lie, she may be pregnant and I know that was what she had been waiting for  for a while now.

That has always been her safety net, me getting her pregnant so that Id be tied to her in some way or the other if anything were to happen. Adira is not stupid, she knows very well that I'm not particularly enthused to marry her so she exploits all opportunities that she receives.

"King Amir, Adira. I am your King."

"So I'm allowed to be intimate with you only in the public's eye? I can only address my fiancé in a personal manner when there are onlookers?" she asked outraged.

"That's your role, don't pretend as if you weren't well aware of my feelings. There isn't anything intimate about what we have. You receive stolen touches and kisses, that's all they are." I said in finality.

I heard her gasp, the dramatics are something that I have gotten use to.

"So when we made love, that wasn't anything intimate?" She whispered.

This again.

Having sex with Adira has been one of my biggest mistakes as King. There were absolutely no excuses for my actions except for poor self control.

"We had sex Adira. You of all persons should know what casual sex means." My voice was cold, leaving no room for argument.

This was a costly mistake, one that I could never afford.

"Mistake or not. I'm probably with child, your only heir. Imagine how excited the pack will be once they find out."

Typical Adira.

"By now you should know me." I said rising from where I was seated on the balcony.

She stood at the door, arms folded and a look of frustration on her face.

"I don't take well to being threatened. And that sounded like a threat." In two steps I was infront of her.

I watched as she nervously gulped, satisfied with her reaction I continued.

"No one will know of this hypothetical pregnancy, especially seeing as we do not know if you're even pregnant" I said looking her directly in her eyes.

If any one knows Adira, it would be me. Though I do not care for her as a romantic partner, I have studied her tendencies throughout the years. She takes joy in manipulation, she should've known better than to even attempt that with me.