Chapter 1

Additional TW: blood

'Dear guests, please sit down and don't leave your seats until we have landed

'Dear guests, please sit down and don't leave your seats until we have landed. We expect to arrive in ten minutes. Thank you for your patience.', the stewardess explains.

'Whoaaa, bro do you see that? That's the Galar Region!'

'No way, I expected it to be more... eh... fancy?'

'Just because they have Dynamax it doesn't mean that the region is also glowing red or something like that. Have you even looked at the photos we were shown?'

'Aww man.'

'Quiet down! You're no ten year-olds anymore, so act like it!', the teacher screams through the airplane.

'The Galar Region, I wonder how it is...'

After a long day of driving through unfamiliar places, you plop down your new bed. The hotel your class is staying in isn't exactly a place any normal person would like to stay in, but considering the price that was to be expected.

At least you got a room for yourself. Having to share a room with people you barely know personally would just lead to stress nobody is keen to have.

'As long as I don't develop an allergy this fine, I guess.'

Being too lazy to change yourself into your sleepwear, you fall asleep in your regular clothes.

A night of quiet and dreamless sleep later you wake up because a pair of Fletchinder probably got into a fight which resulted in one of them crashing into your window.

'Good morning you too life.'

Even though you are still half-asleep you stand up and go checking the bird Pokémon.

'Looks like it is alive, but some of the shards pierced its wings... Well, time to go to the Pokémon Center.'

Carefully you pick up the Fletchinder and put it in a towel provided by the hotel. 'Everything is going to be fine - you're not the first one I have to take to medical help because they somehow ended up wounded in my room, so relax.', you say while you softly pet its head.

Besides the Pokémon you take your phone too so that you are able to find your destination.

'A twenty minute walk just to get to a simple Pokémon Center? Why is Wyndon so huge? Yikes.'

Finally having arrived you are greeted by another surprise. Despite the fact that it is early in the morning, the streets are so crowded that you are basically unable to pass through.

First you look at the suffering Fletchinder and then at the bloody towel. You sigh. 'These are going to be a lot of excuse-mes.'

Shielding the bird with your arms you squeeze yourself through the crowd, mumbling a sorry here and there.

In your hurry you don't notice that all these people gathered here because no one else than the current Champion Leon himself is present. Without a single glance you walk past him and his Charizard, confusing him at first since he isn't used to people simply ignoring him. When he sees the wounded Pokémon in your arms, he realizes how inconvenient he and his fans are standing.

'Everyone, we need to move away from here! We are hindering trainers who need to heal their Pokémon!'

The masses listen to him so that now there is no problem in getting into the Pokémon Center, but this goes unnoticed by you since you are already inside.

'Nurse Joy, could you please take care of this Fletchinder? It crashed into my window today and it doesn't look too good.', you approach the pink-haired woman.

'Oh dear, it really has taken quite some damage. Please wait here until I come back.'

She goes away with the bird, leaving you alone with a bloodied towel.

'Now it looks like I committed crimes I shouldn't have...'

You wait and wait in silence, nothing happening. The clock shows already 7 AM. 'Maybe I should have told a teacher or another student about this.'

Suddenly, someone gently pokes your shoulder. Looking up you see a well-known male with long purple hair. 'Sorry for poking you, but it seemed that you were lost in your thoughts.' He looks at the towel in your lap. 'How... is your Pokémon doing?'

'I don't know and it isn't mine. It just happened that whatever it was doing before led it to have an unfortunate meeting with my closed window.'

'That sounds like an unpleasant way to wake up.'

You shrug. 'Not the first time.'

'So you are one of the unlucky sort...'

'I am sorry to interrupt, but I can tell you that the Fletchinder is in stable condition now. If you didn't react as fast as you did, it probably would have died, so thank you for that.', Joy smiles softly.

'This are good new!'

You nod at the other ones statement. 'Since it isn't mine, I don't have to come and fetch it later, right?'

'Yes, there is no need for that. When it is able to fly again it will be simply released again.'

The nurse leaves as other customers enter the Center.

'Anyways, why did you come here in the first place? Your Charizard seems doing fine.'

Leon scratches his head. 'While going through the crowd you passed me and I got worried because of the blood on the towel. I somehow felt guilty for being the reason for the crowd which blocked your way.'

'The crowd was there because of you? Are you famous or something?'

The male chuckles. 'Not from here I guess? I am Leon, the current Champion of the Galar Region.'

'This explains why he looks so strange...'

'Sorry for not recognizing you. I have heard some things about you, but like you already guessed, I really am not from Galar. And sorry for cutting our conversation short - I have to go to the Rose Tower real quick, or else my teacher might lecture me.'

'No problem at all. In fact, I could give you a free ride there if you want. That's also my destination.'

He offers you his hand and you take it without much of hesitation. 'Sure.'

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!